cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 23

True Key added from LiveSafe, how to uninstall?

Jump to solution

Hi, I just renewed LIveSafe on my computer and saw a tab labeled Intel True Key.

I clicked on that, was told it was an old version, given a link to click and jumped through the hoops.

Now I decided I want to remove it.  It is not listed in Control Panel \ Programs and Features.

If I right mouse click on the icon in Apps and click on Uninstall, I'm taken back to Control Panel \ Programs and Features ... and it's still not there.

This is annoying.  Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davehorne
Former Member
Message 10 of 23

Re: True Key added from LiveSafe, how to uninstall?

Jump to solution

I uninstalled everything using the removal tool from McAfee (since I was unable to remove LiveSafe using Control Panel \ Programs and Features).

It went smoothly and I assume with no problems.

I will now mention something unrelated.  When I am typing here in this window, sometimes for no apparent reason, I find myself typing at the end of the line above where I should be.   This has happened more than once and not just today.

So, one problem solved, I removed LiveSafe and reinstalled it. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 23

Jump to solution

Best you call support

Support

I assume you tried

Uninstall Truekey app

Though this might work as well

can you explain how to uninstall truekey do you need to reinstall Mcafee? OP seems not t have the option In programs and features

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 23

Jump to solution

Moved to Truekey forum

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 23

Jump to solution

If you go to Control Panel > Programs and Features & click uninstall Livesafe it should ask if you want to uninstall the lot or just bits of it, try that you don't have to continue if it doesn't offer that.

davehorne
Former Member
Message 5 of 23

Jump to solution

I just now tried uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe from Control Panel \ Programs and Feature and received this message ...

McAfee UI Host

McAfee UI Host has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 23

Jump to solution

Try rebooting and then see if it works.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 23

Jump to solution

Actually if you've got that error then best contact support.

Please contact Technical Support directly - it's a free phone call or online chat.

If at first they can't solve it ask them to escalate the issue, but I think it should be fairly easy for them.

Technical Support & Customer Service

davehorne
Former Member
Message 8 of 23

Jump to solution

I'm wondering if it might be faster, easier, and cost me less time if I were to uninstall LiveSafe using the removal tool from McAfee and simply reinstall LiveSafe.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 23

Jump to solution

As suggested remove through your Control Panel/Programs and features first/Restart. Then download and run the latest Mcpr Tool/Restart. MCPR  Then go to your account and download/Reinstall.

If not successful, Then I would contact Support as suggested.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
davehorne
Former Member
Message 10 of 23

Jump to solution

I uninstalled everything using the removal tool from McAfee (since I was unable to remove LiveSafe using Control Panel \ Programs and Features).

It went smoothly and I assume with no problems.

I will now mention something unrelated.  When I am typing here in this window, sometimes for no apparent reason, I find myself typing at the end of the line above where I should be.   This has happened more than once and not just today.

So, one problem solved, I removed LiveSafe and reinstalled it. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community