cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinout
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

True Key Windows app cannot connect to server

I installed #True Key# app on my brand new Windows notebook. I cannot make connection with the true key server. The password I use works fine on other devices.

See error message in the file I attached.

Thanks for help!

16 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 17

Re: True Key Windows app cannot connect to server

Hello @Reinout 

We are sorry that you are unable to sign into TrueKey application. This message usually appears when there is no internet connection. Please check if internet is up and running. 

Regards,
Madhan M

Reinout
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for your reply.

My internet connections is up and running all the time!

Best regards!

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 17

Hello @Reinout 

I've sent you a private message. Please check and reply.

Regards,
Madhan M

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 17

The issue you are experiencing now is related to your desktop standalone application mode. We are going to be phasing out the standalone desktop app for the benefit of extension first mode.

With extension first, you will be opening the True Key launchpad with all your logins within a browser tab, this True Key mode will be more performant and efficient than the desktop mode. 

I would suggest that you install True Key from www.truekey.com using Chrome or Firefox. But before doing so, ideally you should have True Key running in another system/ device because you would need to uninstall True Key on this system where you are having the network issue before reinstalling from www.truekey.com

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Reinout
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I have deleted the True Key extension from Chrome and the True key windows app, and installed the True Ket windows app again from www.truekey.com as you suggested.

The problem is still there!

Best regards, 

Reinout

Reinout
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

I removed the True Key extension in Chrome and deleted the True Key windows app, and reinstalled the True Key windows app from www.truekey.com, but this did not solve the problem. 

I hope you can help me out!

best regards, Reinout

Reinout
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Hi Marc,

I removed the True Key extension from Chrome and the True Key windows app, and reinstalled the True Key windows app from www.truekey.com (as I did before), but this did not solve the problem.

Please help me out!

Best regards, Reinout

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 17

Good morning,

I expected that, you are basically going back to the desktop standalone mode and as I said yesterday this won't work.

My suggestion is that you follow the steps I outlined yesterday so you can get rid of the desktop standalone True Key app and reinstall from www.truekey.com the extension first using ideally Chrome. You will see that the True Key launchpad will open within the Chrome browser tab.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Reinout
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Good morning Marc,

Although I start www.truekey.com from Chrome, it does not install the extension in Chrome!! The downloaded exe runs fine upto the page "installed" (see first screenshot), and the button to proceed brings me to the form of the second screenshot, where as an existing user I choose the login option on top (marked in red). After filling in my credentials the error message tels me it cannot connect. 

I conclude that more in detail the www.truekey.com download does not what you made me expect it should be doing: it does not install the extension first.

Hopee to hear from you again,

Regards

True Key scr1 2019-10-11 172639.jpgTrue Key scr2 2019-10-11 172639.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community