Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 17

Re: True Key Windows app cannot connect to server

I think the issue is that you still have the True Key desktop app installed on your system and when you are going to Chrome it only thinks you will be loading the Chrome extension. As I said yesterday, in order to change modes to extension first True Key needs to be completely uninstalled from your system before going with Chrome to www.truekey.com 

You will be then loading Chrome extension first. The easiest way to recognize which mode you have is that the True Key launchpad that holds all your logins if it has a desktop shortcut it is probably the desktop standalone mode and this mode won't launch. If it is opening on your web browser tab, then this is extension first.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Reinout
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Thanks for your reply.

I removed the desktop True Key from my notebook with the Windows standard functionality to remove., see screenshot. Is that appropriate or should I remove the desktop True Key in a different way?

I hope you will find the solution!True Key scr3 2019-10-11 172639.jpg

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 17

Exactly, this is the only way from add/remove programs.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Reinout
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi Markm Thanks, but what else can I do?

My notebook is brand new, with only McAfee LiveSafe and Microsoft Office installed on it. Windows Pro, 1903.

I removed the extension from Chrome and the Desktop app from Windows, using Widows functionality that launches the McAfee uninstaller. Nevertheless tour proposed solutions 

Please don't tell me that the installer that comes through www.truekey.com does not initiate the Chrome extension because I didn't remove the desktop True Key, because I did remove it 10 times.

Starting to be desperate.

Thanks for your efforts.

Best regards, Reinout

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 17

I am not sure I follow what is going on.

I think, at this point it would be better you reach out to our support tea that can remote in your system to help you sort out what is going on.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp

When you get to this link, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the “contact support” link, then click on “technical assistance”, click on PC or MAC and this will take you to the contacting support either by chat or phone. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 17

You can also retry your desktop standalone app and see if it works now before you reach out to support.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 17

You can also retry your desktop standalone app and see if it works now.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community