Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rm2k
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

True Key UI Fix

Jump to solution

First, when I use the password generator to change a password, True Key asks if I want to update.  But it doesn't seem to apply the update.  I have to manually change the saved password to the new one.

Then, when I want to paste the new password into the popup edit pane, if I'm not really careful when dragging across the existing password field, I release the mouse button outside the popup and it disappears.  Now I have to start over.  I think the 'exit pane' action should only happen when the user clicks outside the popup, not when a 'mouse up' event occurs.  Just bad UI design, guys...

Finally, a feature suggestion.  I don't know if you could get this to work, but it would be awesome if True Key could automatically change all my passwords on a schedule.  And just let me know if it failed for some sites so I can do this manually.

Thanks,

- Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: True Key UI Fix

Jump to solution

Let me first address the issue with the password generator, can you try the following steps and see if this works for you?

1- On your launchpad (where all your logins assets are saved) click on the password generator on the top left.

2- Generate an automatic password according to your preferences

3- Double click the generated password and right click to copy or use the quick command of just control-c

4- Edit your login and paste or control-v the password generated in the password field.

I have tried a few times and I has worked every time for me. I also as a workaround, if you were to type the generated password in the edited login "notes" field, then you can just delete the password and then copy over the generated password from the notes field to the password field. I know this might be in some circumstances an extra step.

Please try this and let me know if this works for you.

Regarding your suggestion of adding an automatic password schedule change I think is fantastic, i have heard this before and I will again bring it up to my product team.

Thanks for all of this,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Let me first address the issue with the password generator, can you try the following steps and see if this works for you?

1- On your launchpad (where all your logins assets are saved) click on the password generator on the top left.

2- Generate an automatic password according to your preferences

3- Double click the generated password and right click to copy or use the quick command of just control-c

4- Edit your login and paste or control-v the password generated in the password field.

I have tried a few times and I has worked every time for me. I also as a workaround, if you were to type the generated password in the edited login "notes" field, then you can just delete the password and then copy over the generated password from the notes field to the password field. I know this might be in some circumstances an extra step.

Please try this and let me know if this works for you.

Regarding your suggestion of adding an automatic password schedule change I think is fantastic, i have heard this before and I will again bring it up to my product team.

Thanks for all of this,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

rm2k
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

Yes, that works for me.  I'll try to teach myself to double-click the password field, instead of dragging to select it when I want to replace it.

BUT...let me ask you to try this.  Instead of double-clicking the password field, try it using click-drag.  You can do it left-right, and the area where you can successfully start the click-drag is quite small.  If you happen to start the click-drag outside the popup pane, the select fails, but only when you release the mouse button, the pane closes.  Similarly, when you click-drag from right-left, the area where you can start the click-drag is large...select seems to work, but if you release the mouse button with the pointer outside the pane, again the pane closes.  I'm just telling you...this seems like an easy fix.  If the user starts or ends the click event (button press...button release) inside the pane, the pane should not close.  Basically for the pane to close, both the button press and button release should occur outside the pane.  Whoever your UI person is, they should understand where I'm coming from here.

Thanks,

- Bob

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I will check this for you but I wanted to give you another way instead of double clicking the newly generated password before copying it, you can click on generate and then right click inside the generated password and select all, that should highlight the password you just generated and then you can with the mouse copy it.

I am not sure if you would like this method more than the double clicking but at least I wanted you to have it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community