cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ta
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

True Key Servers Down for over 3 Days!

The True Key servers have been down for over 3 days. I haven't been able to save any new password during this time. I'm very concerned our mission-critical software is not working.

Why is this critical issue still not fixed?!?!

6 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: True Key Servers Down for over 3 Days!

Hi @ta 

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please let us know if you have tried to use a different device or refresh your internet connection and tried to add a login. Also, try updating the True Key extension along with the browser and check if the issue still persists.

If you still have any concerns, please provide the browser name & version and the True Key version.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

ta
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply.

This issue did not occur on a mobile phone, but it does occur in both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The TrueKey plugin is the latest version in both browsers. Firefox was not the latest version (it was the previous version) so I updated it, then restarted the computer. Unfortunately, the issue still occurs.

When I tested this, I did click the TrueKey icon in both Firefox and Chrome. But I also still have the desktop application installed on my computer (I don't recall getting any notifications to delete it). Do I need to delete the application from my computer?

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Hi @ta 

True Key standalone application for Windows has been retired. So, we kindly request you to remove it from the computer.

Regarding the browser extension, please close all the browsers, restart your router and try updating login in True Key to check if the issue still persists. 

Thanks,
Karthikeyan J

ta
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Yes, it now works. Thank you for that information.

Although there is still a bug. When logged out of True Key, I click the icon in the top-right of the browser and a new tab opens with the message "Loading True Key" and a spinning animated .gif image. That spinning image remains on the page even after a minute and the login page does not load. I then have to close the browser and click the icon again to get the login page. Please pass along that bug to your developers.

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ta 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Kindly let us know if the login page loading problem persists every time you try to access True Key.

Regards,
Karthikeyan J

Lizarb01
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I have had this exact issue so many times. I would have to keep trying to gain access at several times just to initiate open processes.

I've also noticed more frequent of late, that passwords I have updated /changed, but this process has not 'stuck', synced across/through other current internet platforms (edge, Samsung etc..) 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community