cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnyDK
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

True Key Premium is not visible in my McAfee account - I can't renew!

Jump to solution

Hi,

I started my True Key account before McAfee took over.

I have a premium account, and I have to renew soon (within 21 days), but I can't see my subscription in my McAfee account (johnny.petersen.dk@hotmail.com). I don't know why, but I suspect that something went wrong when merging/taking over the account? Or I might have missed something?

Anyway I would like some help to re-gain control of my True Key subscription.

Thanks in advance / Johnny

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 12

Re: True Key Premium is not visible in my McAfee account - I can't renew!

Jump to solution

Hi Johnny,

I had to wait until this morning to reach out an escalation support team and I have asked them to reach out to you by email as you requested. You can reach out to me anytime if I can help you further.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

JohnnyDK
Contributor II
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

Today I succeeded in getting in touch with a colleague of yours on the chat. He solved the problem.

Maybe you're not the correct to reach out to, since you just tell me what is obvious and nothing about fixing the issue.

Anyway. My problem is now solved. My True Key subscription has been renewed - mission accomplished.

Thanks - over-and-out / Johnny

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Johnny,

Let me look into this and I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marc D 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Good morning  Johnny,

So if you open the True Key launchpad on the top right next to your name if you clicvk on the person's icon, it should normally take you to the True Key subscription page, can you see that?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Johnny,

I provided the place within True Key to verify your current subscription, if the issue is still not resolved, please send me a screenshot of this page for further investigation.

Thanks,

Marc D.

JohnnyDK
Contributor II
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Hey Marc D.,

I can't see any changes. My (McAfee) account still doesn't show my True Key subscription - actually says it's expired?

In True Key automatic renewal is still active, but I have got an email from McAfee, that my credit card has expired. I have entered data for my new credit card in my McAfee account, where my True Key subscription is not visible or shown. Both McAfee and True Key is linked to this email: johnny.petersen.dk@hotmail.com. Can you check if more accounts are linked to this email?

I'm confused and really need your support.

I have attached three photos that shows my McAfee account and the page in True Key that I think you ask for. 

McAfee account front page.JPGMcAfee account subscriptions.JPGTrue Key profile front page or Dashboard.JPG

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Good morning  Johnny,

I can only check if there is an active True Key account linked to the email provided, the expiration date for this active account profile does match the date on your third screenshot of your True Key subscription: 2019-01-21 expiring in 2 weeks.

I do see that McAfee installed software has already expired and if you entered already a new credit card payment and has not yet register, it is better that you reach out to the technical support team to get this fixed: 

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp;jsessionid=8wSJgVfZSr-LGLoqUkY5-vu0dVYJRavjKvQtr8buKP...

It looks like although True Key is expiring in a few weeks and it was way after the McAfee installed software expiry date which probably means you downloaded or installed True Key outside from your McAfee bundled software thus expiry dates of McAfee software and True Key are not matching.

As I said, in this case, if a payment or account with the installed McAfee bundled software needs to be rectify if I was you,I would reach out to the support team, True Key would then be matched to the expiry date of the McAfee software once you download it from your McAfee account.

Note, that your True Key account subscription is good for another 2 weeks, but after that it should be showing you a Fremium account as it would have expired then.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

Marc D.

JohnnyDK
Contributor II
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

Why don't you forward my request directly?

I don't want to - once again - go through your amateur private customer support site, where it's impossible to have direct email correspondance with a support employee. Only phone during work hours which is not possible for me, since I work myself.

Thanks for nothing. I'm now a former customer. True Key is a brilliant product/service that McAfee aquired not long ago and now is about to destroy through lousy, lasy and no-good support attempts.

Goodbye!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Johnny,

I had to wait until this morning to reach out an escalation support team and I have asked them to reach out to you by email as you requested. You can reach out to me anytime if I can help you further.

Thanks,

Marc D.

JohnnyDK
Contributor II
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

Today I succeeded in getting in touch with a colleague of yours on the chat. He solved the problem.

Maybe you're not the correct to reach out to, since you just tell me what is obvious and nothing about fixing the issue.

Anyway. My problem is now solved. My True Key subscription has been renewed - mission accomplished.

Thanks - over-and-out / Johnny

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. My expertise is with the True Key application on an engineering suppot level, the issue and the support you needed was subscription related and unfortunately I do not have the visibility on that to be able to help you.

Having said that, I have the posibility to reach out to other support members depending on the issue that is raised here which is what I did on the morning.

Again I'm happy the issue is now fixed and please dont hesitet to reach out in case of any issues going forward.
Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community