Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

True Key Password History

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is a feature request, or just me not knowing how to correctly use True Key.  I want all historic passwords for a particular site to be saved.  This is particularly important because True Key keeps trying to save passwords at inappropriate times (like when I fill in a non-password field that it detects as a password) and without having access to password history my only option is to issue a password reset for the service (which in some cases can be a pretty big ordeal).

The question is: How can I see previous passwords for a site?

The feature request is: Store and make accessible all previously saved passwords for a site.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: True Key Password History

Jump to solution

Micah,

This is a great feature suggestion, I have raised it to our product manager in the hope that will be included in our features backlog. When I know more I will provide an update to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Micah,

This is a great feature suggestion, I have raised it to our product manager in the hope that will be included in our features backlog. When I know more I will provide an update to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Refuge
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

@marcd  Any updates on this from 4 years ago? The previous password manager I had (which I'm starting to like more and more) kept a password history. Several sites are using "last known password" as a way to reset your password. I've also had issues with True Key where I save a changed password on my phone but later on another device, True Key has a different password. True Key also isn't great at identifying password fields or password changes yet. So I've changed a password and it's updated the wrong user account for the correct website. Instagram for example I have 3 accounts. I've recently been locked out of one because True Key updated the password for the wrong account. Being able to go into the history would have simply fixed the issue but instead, it became a huge hassle.

MiguelMee
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution
This still seems unresolved. Same issues as 4 years ago?
True Key isn't great at identifying password fields or password changes and I often have the wrong password saved.

Being able to go into a password history would have simply fixed the issue but instead, it became a huge hassle.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community