cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: True Key Offline mode

I think I saw an update/reboot notice when I fired up this AM, so it's possible the app has been fixed since yesterday, thus explaining why the app worked properly today. Would you like me to report back tomorrow, or reboot now to see what happens?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 18

You can try to reboot now and see what happens but my guess is that it will work and you will be able to connect normally. Please let me know if this is not the case but absolutely, feel free to let me know also tomorrow if you are seeing the issue happenned again.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

I rebooted the app (not the computer) and restarted TrueKey. It worked properly. The evidence supports a conclusion that the latest app update fixed the problem. I will let you know if tomorrow suggests otherwise.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 18

That would be great.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Marc, no problems starting TrueKey today, so I feel confident the problem was solved by the last app update. Thanks for your very responsive help.  Bill

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 18

Great news Bill, I am super happy that the issue you had is now pretty much fixed.

Don't hesitate to reach out in case you see any problems going forward.

Thanks,

Marc D.

ktm
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

I tried rebooting several times yesterday after receiving the email updates indicating the problem was fixed. But I had not received the update yet so no luck.

Just after midnight here on 12/6/18 and I received the the update notification; restarted computer and was able to confirm the update was sucessful. Problem fixed. 

I wanted to thank you so much for isolating and resolving this issue so quickly. This is best response I've ever seen from a software company. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 18

Thanks ktm, while sometimes issues are out of our control to fix in a timely manner whenever is possible we will address them as soon as possible to minimize the negative impact on our users.

Going forward, please reach out and let us know if any issues arise.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community