cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaoloKL
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

True Key Offline mode

Since this morning, True Key cannot connect to the servers from my Notebook running windows 10. I can login but only in offline mode. My Android device instead, connect regularly using the same internet connection (i use the hotspot on the notebook).

Any issue with the latest update to the version 5.2.162.1?

17 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 18

Re: True Key Offline mode

Hi Paolo,

There is an issue with the standalone desktop app and according to the reports we have received it concerns the latest version 5.2.162.1 recently released. We are looking into this since last Friday to determine the cause of the problem. 

In the meantime, you can install the True Key extension on the Edge browser so you can go in to your True Key account, and as soon as I know more updates I will share them with you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 18

As promised, I wanted to provide an update on this issue regarding the standalone desktop app and the networking connection issues experienced with it.

We have already isolated the issue and the fix is planned to be released as of next Monday, December 3rd, 2018, unless if you have obtained True Key through a partner offering in which case you will be receiving the fix next Thrusday, December 6th, 2018, but the majority of our users will be getting it next Monday.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Same problem using HP Wiindows 8.1 and version 5.2.167.1.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 18

Hello,

Can you confirm what is the issue and when did you notice the issue?

Thanks,

Marc D.

wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

The problem is about 2 weeks old. When I power up my laptop, the first thing I do is load TrueKey. Lately, the app often, not aways,  reports it cannot connect with the servers and suggests there is no or a poor internet connection. That explanation is not correct. There is nothing wrong with the internet connection (I have several other internet-based apps which work without problem.) When this problem occurs, I useTrueKey on offline mode. Sometimes, not always, the problem appears to clear up after a while and I can use TrueKey in normal mode. Let me know if you need more info.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 18

I understand, the issue you have is one we saw and we are releasing a fix for it. When was the last time you experienced the issue? I guess also is just random when it happens, correct?

Thanks,
Marc D.

wfitzharris
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

The problem last happened yesterday, not today. I agree it's random, but it seems to occur more often than not.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 18

Not trying to minimize the issue you are experiencing in any way, just trying to understand how you are seeing it.

For me this is an absolute priority that we will investigate, I will get back to you as soon as I have more updates on this issue.

Thanks for reprting this to me,

Marc D

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 18

One more question, since you said that last time you experienced the issue was yesterday that would have been when you received the True Key update and probably when the app updated to 5.2.167.1

If this would have been the case, True Key would have prompted you to reboot your system, the issue you experienced was it before receiving the update or after when the application was already updated to 5.2.167.1?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community