Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBare
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

True Key Login

Jump to solution

When my desktop stand alone True Key migrates to my browser, will I still be required to login for True Key to work.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 13

Re: True Key Login

Jump to solution

Hi 

Yes, you need to login to your browser extension as well to access all your logins and passwords but you can set an automatic sign out time under your profile preferences.

On your chrome extension,  click on settings on Top right  and select profile preferences > you can choose when you want to be signed out 

Regards

Magesh J

View solution in original post

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 13

Jump to solution

@CBare 

Migrating from the Windows desktop standalone True Key app to the True key browser extensions only (Chrome, Firefox or new Edge) won't change the way you login to our app, you will notice now that even using the desktop app your True Key browser extension on the top right is signed in (blue icon) or signed out (black & red), and for instant login to work , your TK extensions needs to be signed in, this is the same that you would be required to do in order for auto fill to work using the extension only.

So in other words, as long as it is in blue, it means you are connected (logged in) and TK will work as expected.

Thanks

Marc D.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

You need to login to true key in order to access your passwords. 

johnbelley_
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Did you remember your true key login password ?. Try to logged in and if you forgot the password the reset it

CBare
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

I guess I didn't make myself clear with my question. I already use True Key. I use the desktop stand alone version. McAfee has notified me that the stand alone version will migrate to the browser version at the end of Jan 2021 and that they will no longer support that version. My question is: when I open my browser (Chrome) will I still login True Key in the browser version just like I do with the stand alone version.

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi 

Yes, you need to login to your browser extension as well to access all your logins and passwords but you can set an automatic sign out time under your profile preferences.

On your chrome extension,  click on settings on Top right  and select profile preferences > you can choose when you want to be signed out 

Regards

Magesh J

CBare
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you. That answers my question.

TankerTime
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

I use the True Key app on my iPhone to store and reference passwords also.  Will the app still work after the migration in January or will you be offering another solution on the iPhone?

CBare
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

I wouldn't know. I don't use True Key on my phone. I suggest you start an new conversation by posting your question to the Community.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Good morning,

We are only deprecating the Windows desktop standalone app. True Key mobile apps (iOS & Android) remain the same. As well for the desktop standalone app for MAC, as of now this app still remains untouched.

Thanks,

Marc D.

CBare
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

The Windows desktop app is the one I use. I just wanted to know if I still had to login to use it in my browser.

Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community