Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjp46
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

True Key Login Problem on PC

Jump to solution

I am unable to login to my True Key account on my PC (MS Edge extension). I get as far as the 2FA or email option to login, but I can get no further. I raised this issue with McAfee Support a week ago and was told that this was a known issue and was being worked on. However., since then, I have heard absolutely nothing, not even a courtesy message to let me know that my issue is still live. I have used True Key without problem for many years and indeed, my account is still active as I can still login on my iPhone and it is still working on my Windows laptop. I am posting here since I am really disappointed with McAfee 'Support', from whom I feel cut adrift. I have read through some posts on this forum, relating to what would appear to be similar problems with login on True Key, but most end-up with a recommendation to contact McAfee Support for a resolution! Going round in circles, or what?! I would be grateful for any signposting to a possible fix in this forum, which I may have missed. I have been satisfied with True Key up to now, but life has been really frustrating since I have been 'locked-out' of my account on my PC since this is where I use it most often.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Re: True Key Login Problem on PC

Jump to solution

@gjp46 it might be related to MS Edge browser for now. You can use Truekey over Google Chrome or Firefox as per your preference as mine is working fine over these browsers. I would humbly request to mark this post as resolved. In case you need help with this same issue or the problem re appeared then create a new post for that.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

View solution in original post

11 Replies
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @gjp46 @I am not sure it will help or not. But have you tried any other browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for logging in over your Truekey account via extensions over these other browsers.

Maybe the issue is related to MS Edge browser for now. Do let me know about it. @CraigSchmugar Please look into this matter and do the needful.

gjp46
Contributor II
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @CraigSchmugar,. Many thanks for your prompt reply to my post.

I should have mentioned that whilst trying to resolve this matter with McAfee Support last week, I did try logging-in to Truekey on Firefox, but without success. The login process fell over at the exact same point as it did when trying to login on MS Edge. This made me wonder if the issue was maybe linked to my PC. However, before penning this reply to you, I gave it another go and bingo, I was able to login on Firefox without problem at the first attempt. I guess this would suggest an issue with MS Edge - which would be a shame, as this is my default browser. Also, I am logged into Truekey on Edge, on my laptop computer and it seems to be working fine there. However, I am reluctant to sign-out on my laptop in case I experience the same problem as with my PC! FYI, I have tried removing and reactivating the Truekey extension in Edge, but without any improvement in the situation. Hope this information may be helpful to you, or to anyone else picking-up on this thread. Kind regards.

gjp46
Contributor II
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Stop Press!

Addendum. I have just tried to sign-in again on MS Edge and somehow this has also worked - despite unsuccessful attempts earlier in the day and prior to me posting about my problem. I am not sure what is going on here and whether or not this constitutes a permanent resolution of my problem. I guess time will tell. In the meantime,, thank you @CraigSchmugar for your helpful suggestion to try Firefox (again). I will leave this post open for the time being in case the issue recurs, but thanks again for reaching out with your helpful suggestions and prompting me to troubleshoot once again.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

@gjp46 Glad that your problem got resolved. By the way its @The_Eagle_007 . I just tagged Craig in the previous post just in case. If my reply helped you please give a like and accept my post as answer to your issue.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

@gjp46 it might be related to MS Edge browser for now. You can use Truekey over Google Chrome or Firefox as per your preference as mine is working fine over these browsers. I would humbly request to mark this post as resolved. In case you need help with this same issue or the problem re appeared then create a new post for that.

Regards,

The_Eagle_007

gjp46
Contributor II
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

@The_Eagle_007 - apologies for the identity confusion. Thanks for your help and advice. I am new to the forum and this is my first post, so apologies if I have been a bit clumsy in not quite getting my head around the forum etiquette. Thank you once again.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

@gjp46 no need to apologize for. In the end what matters the most is that your issue got resolved. In future if you have any issues that you needed help with then ask here in this community forum as there are many users around here who can help you with. 

Sue423
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

After recovering my Mac (OS: Sonoma) and Chrome, I can not log in to True Key. I tried to log in by forgetting the 6-digit password, but the screen showed, " I do not use a Trusted device."

However, I can not register for a trusted device as I can not log in to True Key. What should I do to register my Chrome or mobile to Ture Key?

Tags (2)
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

@Sue423 try to contact McAfee support for that. As I know that Truekey account is not lost easily. Provided that you have access to your email address. I have not much experience with mac os and I don't get that point where you mentioned you tried login by forgetting 6 digits code?

In my case when my truekey is not registered it then asks for confirming the same to an email sent over to my email address of McAfee. Thats how a user be able to add their untrusted device to trusted. Here is the link for support page-

https://www.mcafee.com/support/

Click on contact support option and initiate a chat.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community