Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klaus_Schaefer
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: True Key Lags On Facebook

Hi Mark,

sorry for the lat reply. This issue is with firefox and facebook, where I'm always using the latest versions (automatic update). The error message is explicitely specifying "True Key is slowing down the website". If I log out of True Key the problem is no longer there.

So far I have have the issue with facebook only, but the one or other time it seems to be an issue with xing and linkedin as well, so the way these social media apps work seem to cause the problem.

As a workaround I use another browser where I don't have True Key installed to work with facebook, or I temporarely log out of True Key on my firefox browser.

I work on a Dell Desktop XPS8900 with Win 10, 64bit, 24GB RAM. I hope this helps to answer your question.

Thanks

Klaus

SteveC
Contributor II
Message 12 of 19

The issue is not browser nor machine / processor specific. The lag is dreadful at times and occurs on Chromium based browsers such as Edge and Chrome, as well as Firefox and others. 

It's been going on too long and with Microsoft's own Windows 10 anti-malware / virus being so excellent these days, there seems no need to stick with McAfee to protect the machine, so it's now surely past time for me to find another password manager.

Steven1
Contributor II
Message 13 of 19

I gave up waiting for a solution and instead switched to the excellent Lastpass which works well without issue in Windows and syncs with my Android phone. Mcafee support for True Key has been terrible considering I reported this issue nearly 18 months ago and still no fix. 

SteveC
Contributor II
Message 14 of 19

I've not found McAfee's help poor at all over the years, the reverse in fact, but this issue has remained unresolved for too long now. Mind you, Microsoft and Adobe are as guilty of leaving glitches and they are vastly larger as companies.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 19

Hi Steve,

we recently had an issue with our Firefox and Chrome True Key extension browsers, after issue was replicated we did release an emergency patch to fix this, with this issue a lagging scenario could be observed, but as I said this issue was fixed and I was the one here that ensured communications regarding this issue throughout.

To say that a specific lagging issue is observed across multiple TK extension browsers as described on this thread is unlikely it follows our extension but having said that, and since I have not seen this or our quality teams have observed this scenario, the only way for us to be certain that the issue is not specific to our extensions is by reaching out to our support team that will escalate it as needed to our engineering teams:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp

Again, we are happy to help you and provide resolution to any issues you have observed, but as I said, Facebook being one of the most popular sites, a specific lagging issue related to True Key would be widely reported by users which is not the case, not minimizing the issue just saying that our support team will be able to help you to try to locate the culprit in this lagging scenario.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Steven1
Contributor II
Message 16 of 19

I gave True Key another go and to be fair using the Microsoft edge browser in Windows 10 the issue does seem better there is still a slight lag which is not there when it is disabled. Also the mobile app does not seem to be compatible with the Android version of Microsoft edge which is a deal breaker for me unfortunately maybe when there is support for this i would start using it again.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 19

Thanks, I appreciate your response.

For now, True Key Android does support the most popular browsers: Chrome, Brave and also assets can be launched with True Key and Samsung Internet browser. Hopefully we can, one day add Microsoft Edge among our supported browsers.

Best regards,

Marc D.

Klaus_Schaefer
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

In fact I recognized the issue was not longer that extrem with the newest firefox-version (and true key update?).

But, to be honest, I have now finally disabled the Add-on and will deinstall it, since it gave me a severe security issue as wordpress/woocommerce administrator in showing a clear readable password and user name in the "account end-points" option of whoocommerce.

Disabling the Add-on also gave me better performance for firefox.

Sorry...

Klaus

Steven1
Contributor II
Message 19 of 19

Thanks for the reply Klaus I have uninstalled my add on already as it still has a slight lag and isn't compatible with my browser Edge on Android 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community