cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven1
Contributor II
Message 1 of 19

True Key Lags On Facebook

Getting a terrible lag on facebook with True Key enabled. Tried it on chrome and firefox with the same result, firefox throws up an error "a script from true key is slowing down your web page" have had to uninstall it and go with something else. Is there a fix available? I want to use True Key, i like the software and i am a premium user through my ip.

18 Replies
Steven1
Contributor II
Message 2 of 19

Re: True Key Lags On Facebook

Does anybody read this forum?

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 19

Hi @Steven1,

I understand when accessing Facebook on your browser with True Key enabled on the browser it slows down the web page and you had to uninstall True Key. True Key on your computer, is it the standalone application installed or True Key Extension on your browser? Please do let us know how True Key was setup on your computer so we can provide a solution to your concern.

Thanks,
Felix.

Steven1
Contributor II
Message 4 of 19

Thanks for the reply @Felix_I  i have the extension installed on Firefox and Chrome both slow down when True Key is enabled when i disable True Key it loads normally.

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 19

Hi @Steven1,

Have you tried installing True Key Standalone Application on your computer and enabling True Key Extension to see if there is any difference when accessing Facebook? You can download True Key Standalone Application from www.truekey,com/download and also please do check if your browsers (Chrome and Firefox) are currently up to date.

Thanks,
Felix.

Steven1
Contributor II
Message 6 of 19

Hi, @Felix_I , 

Have tried installing the standalone application along with the extension and it makes no difference when i scroll down a page on Facebook the images are very slow to load, they do load eventually but when I disable the extension the images load more or less straight away have disabled all my other extensions and the problem still occurs my browsers are up to date. I have also tried Microsoft Edge and i also have the same problem when using that as well.

Felix_I
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 19

Hi @Steven1,

I sent you a private message, please do check and reply back.

Thanks
Felix.

Klaus_Schaefer
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Hi Felix,

I too do have this issue now since some time. Can you get back to me with a solution?

Thanks

Klaus

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 19

Hi Klaus,

First of all, installing the True Key standalone app to test shouldn't be done as you know we are going to be deprecating the desktop app by January 2021, if we need to test anything we should do it with the True Key browsers extensions that are supported (Chrome, Firefox or new Edge), that we called extension first mode, the tests with only extension first will be provide more accurate results.

Having said that, the lag you noticed is only on a specific website? you have not noticed this lag on other webpages?

Can you please provide me with your Firefox and Chrome browser versions as well as the version of the True Key extension running on them?

Typically, a lag issue affecting a specific website could be caused by several different reasons, such as CPU usage website content, other extensions used on this browser, etc.

My point here is that I have never seen this issue with 2 different TK browsers extensions, I seen it in the past with Firefox but this was exclusive to this browser. My suggestion in order to debug this is that you start by disabling all browser extensions one by one and see if you can isolate the culprit one, also I would recommend to test disabling Firefox hardware acceleration that is known to have caused some glitches in the browser in the past. If that does not make any difference, you can start the FF browser in safe mode and if issue still seen there, the browser extensions are probably not the cause of the performance problem you are experiencing.

Issues here and this can be confirmed once you run the tests above, could be related to the browsers themselves, to the specific website or even a security A/V program running on your system.

Let me know what you find and will investigate further.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 19

Hi Klaus,

Can you tell me if you see a lag accessing other websites or is it only with Facebook?

Do you see any messages being generated by Firefox or True Key related to the lag performance when you access Facebook using the Firefox TK extension? If yes, can you please share with me a screenshot or video capture of the message and the performance when you access Facebook?

Also please let me know the version of the Firefox True Key extension and the version of the Firefox browser.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community