cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabannerman
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

True Key Keeps Logging out / locking / closing

I have to log into true key multiple times a day.  Whenever I close my laptop screen, or leave it alone for more than 15 minutes or so, I have to log in.  I keep the program minimized, and the option to lock out is set for 7-days.  Also, instead of using my face, it randomly requires me to enter my master password.  Occasionally it will use my face, but the password request seems to come at random. 

I seem to be spending more time repeatedly logging into true key, than I would if I just use my browser to store passwords for all of my sites.  Is there an easy fix?  Or is this just poor design?

13 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 14

Re: True Key Keeps Logging out / locking / closing

I will ask a expert to assist you.

​  Could you please assist this customer?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 14

Good evening,

This is not a normal behavior and certainly not by design. I would love to have some more information in order to better isolate the problem.

Let me know if this problem is with the TK desktop or the Browser extension model, quick way to know which one it is, if you open the launchpad does it open on your desktop or on another browser tab.

Also, what is the operating system version you have and the device (Desktop, MAC or mobile device) you are running it on.

Do you have any other systems running True Key on.

Finally, what is the True Key version number.

Thanks,

Marc D.

nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 4 of 14

Issue could be related to "When do you want to be signed out?" setting within the App? What does your setting say? And have you tried to increase the time limit?

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 14.07.05.png

It's also worth noting that closing the app will mean you have to login again, regardless of this setting.

depstein
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I am having the same issue. 

version: 5.0.150.1 on a Windows 10 pc. Will log in and will have to keep doing it in the same session. Auto lock is set to 7 days. It is quite annoying.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 14

Good morning,

What browser are you using to login to True Key (Edge, Chrome or Firefox)?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Old-But-Gold
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I know this is an old thread but I'm having this problem too, very frustrating. Every time I use a new password I have to sign in again. I have checked the log out settings and it is set for 1 week. I am using this as an add on to BT anti virus by MacAfee. I am running windows 10 on a surface using both edge and chrome browsers and it doesn't seem to make a difference

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 14

Can you please check if the Edge browser in its settings,  inside the "Clear Browsing Data" that the option to "Always clear this when I close the browser" is not checked (see attached picture)?

Regarding Chrome, please check inside True Key settings- your sign out time settings and also remember that if you reboot the system the sign out clock gets restarted. You ca also check the true Key Chrome icon on the top right of your browser and see what color it is, if it is blue you are signed in to your TK account, if it is red/black you are signed out.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

VedaPriya
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Hi i too am having this problem a long time i thought its just me but realized a lot of people are facing this problem if you find any solutions for this problem please let me know.

VedaPriya
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

i am using chrome

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community