Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zottmann
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

True Key Import problem

Hello everyone!

I´m setting up True Key for the first time, and I´m trying to import my passwords from another password vault.

I´ve downloaded the True Key installer  (Windows 10 computer), it runs ok, until I receive a screen that says "Installed" and gives me a button labeled "Continue".

Then I hit "Continue" it opens a Chrome Web browser (I was using Firefox) and tries to show a web page at the url https://www.truekey.com/no_app_install_complete?app-redirect=import&external-event=installed-standal..., but I only get a blank screen, and cannot proceed to import the passwords.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

3 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: True Key Import problem

If it doesn't work try importing by clicking the Human icon at top right. The import option should be under this tab. Look for it nd import, it should work fine.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Good morning Carlos,

So I assume, you are using True Key through your Chrome browser extension, correct?

When you open True Key on the browser, can you get to the settings? True Key settings - Import (last tab)?

Also, please confirm where are you importing from.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate

Zottmann
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi!

Thanks for Help_everyone and Marcd for the replies!

It seems to me that the import feature was having troubles by the time I´ve written my original message.

I had tried with the Firefox extension and today I tried with the Chorme extension, after reading Marcd post.I finally got to a page where I could upload a csv file generated by LastPass, wich I couldn´t reach when I tried with Firefox. I´ve successfully uploaded it and imported everything.

But then I decided to try with Firefox again, and this time I was able to reach the page where the upload should be done. Didn´t really upload the file again, but I think that the process would have been comlpeted successfully with Firefox too.

Anyway, thanks both of you for your help!

Regards,

Carlos.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community