cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Napster
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

True Key IOS App Password Autofill Problem

For some apps on my iPhone, when I try to login by selecting the "Password" Autofill feature on ios, True Key gives me this error "An unexpected Error Has Occurred, Please try again".

The only workaround is to open the True Key app, copy the password into clipboard , then go back to the original app and paste it directly into the login page (not very efficient).

Is there a way to fix this?  Or help troubleshoot why this is happening?

Note:  True Key Autofill on IOS works for most apps, just a few that giving this annoying error.  My device is on ios 14.8 (but this problem has been occurring even with older ios versions)

20210925_154716035_iOS.png

Thanks.

3 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Re: True Key IOS App Password Autofill Problem

Hi @Napster 

Regret the inconvenience caused. In iPhone true key autofill options work only after selecting credentials and open through the true key browser. This is because, True key wont work on safari and other browsers on iPhone. 

Please try to open credentials through True Key browsers and update us the outcome.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Napster
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

I’m trying to use auto fill to login on the iOS Apps itself, not going through Browsers.  Like it said in my previous post, it works for most apps but not all.  I am asking if there is a way to fix or troubleshoot the issue. 

Thanks  

Napster
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Any update on this post?  Still having issues with some IOS App Logins, giving the same error above.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community