Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 40

Re: True Key Extension Firefox 81 does not fill in credentials anymore

No worries, just wanted to make sure of the real issue here.

I just had an update on this, we should be releasing a fix for this by November 20, maybe a bit sooner than than but in any case, I will let you know once it is officially released.

Take care,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 22 of 40

This is great news, thank you very much.
Have a nice weekend!
GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 23 of 40

Hello Marc,
I just wanted to let you know that i found a new issue, when go to a site that i have multiple logins at, the True Key "Choose Profile" window keeps reloading (so it goes aways and comes back, loops) so it's very difficult to actually chose another login if you need to scroll down. I Can replicate this error on all sites so far i've tried that i have multiple logins at. I can replicate it both in the latest Edge Chromium and in the latest Edge Chromium Canary build. I can also replicate this error in the latest Google Chrome.
Tyrique
Contributor
Message 24 of 40

I used the truekey extension until this morning when macafee support removed it as part of a reinstall. When they attempted to enable the extension for firefox from within the truekey app, nothing happened. When they did the same for the Chrome or IE, it worked. I attempted to locate the extension from the firefox menu, but is not listed? OneVanilla Card

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 40

Hi there,

If you are looking for the True Key within the app it means you are running True Key as a desktop standalone app, you probably saw some of the posts here where I alluded to the fact that by January 2021 we will be deprecating this desktop app and we'll migrate to extension first which means that True Key will live within the browser.

Browsers that will be supported will be the new Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

Having said that, if you are running a newer version of the TK desktop app you should be seeing a banner popping up when you first opened your app informing you of all this.

Firefox extension can be added by downloading directly from the Firefox browser going to www.truekey.com

Now if the reason why you contacted support had to do with erratic behavior recently of the instant login feature, as I have said here in other posts, please be reassured that we are aware of this and we're working to remediate it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 26 of 40

Hi Gilbert,

I hope you are well, I can see that there are 2 issues that almost are running parallel to each other as both affect our instant login feature. On one side we have the original issue you brought up with multiple login accounts selection and the fix for this already ready to be release, as I said last time it will be on this current sprint anywhere from today to Nov 20th.

There is also another issue that affects randomly users with our TK browser extensions with different scenarios or behaviors, although we cannot be 100% sure, but there's a good probability that what you are seeing is just a reflection of this second issue that was recently detected. We are working and have been for the past days to release a fix for this issue but I have no ETA of it as of yet.

I can only reassure you that we will be fixing the majority of these recent instant login issues and normally yours should be fixed as well along with them, if it is not then we will address it individually once release fix is out and you confirm that you are still seeing it.

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 27 of 40

Happy to hear you guys are on top of it, looking forward to next release!
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 28 of 40

@GilbertS  We did release the fix I promise last night for the Chrome and Firefox browser extensions, Edge is pending Microsoft approval to be released. Let me know if the issue you saw last time is now fixed and instant login is working as expected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 29 of 40

@Tyrique 

Fix for True Key browser extensions was released last night, please let us know if instant login with True Key is now working as expected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 30 of 40

In Edge where i'm still on the old version, the reloading of the Choose Profile windows still happens, in Google Chrome where Extension is updated to version 4.2.2.9323, the problem is gone.
Firefox Extension is upgraded to 4.2.2.9323, but there the original problem still exist. (It still fills in correctly on sites that i have only one login, but does not fill in anything on sites where i have multiple logins. Can't bring up "Choose Profile" window.)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community