cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 11 of 40

Re: True Key Extension Firefox 81 does not fill in credentials anymore

Ah, yes, sorry i'm running Version 82 now and has been since release, unfortunately it hasn't helped.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 40

Understood, so this is happening with all your logins (100%) using Firefox but instant login works as expected when you use Edge, correct?

In other words, your logins show only the True Key blue icon at the end of the credential fields but instant login won't work when you use the True Key Firefox extension, correct?

Are you running an antivirus program and if yes, which one is it?

Thanks,
Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 13 of 40

This is correct, no autofill, no instant login, no choice of credentials in Firefox. I see the blue icon at the end of credentials field, but only way to really login is to copy login/password from True Key "Main page".

Everything works as intended in Edge Chromium / Google Chrome.

I use Webroot SecureAnywhere v9.0.29.52 as antivirus.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 40

Hi Gilbert,

Ok, this needs to be investigated. I apologize as I did not realize that this issue with instant login was happening across all your logins. I am running Firefox myself and I don't see this issue that logically speaking should be related to the Firefox TK extension or the Firefox browser.

Can you just try a quick test for me and disable your A/V program Webroot Secure Anywhere and then try the same instant login operation with any of your assets?

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 15 of 40

I uninstalled Webroot, uninstalled True Key Extension from firefox, restarted, installed True Key Extension in Firefox. Same problem.

Edit: I can also add that True Key is the only enabled extension in Firefox.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 40

Thanks a lot Gilbert for this last test, let me look into this, will get back to you as soon as I can.

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 40

Good morning Gilbert,

Can you please provide me with a few specific URL's that Firefox TK extension is not completing the instant login?

I also understand that the instant login is not happening with your TK Firefox extension across 100% of them, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 18 of 40

Hello Marc!
Sorry, missed this reply ...

https://login.microsoftonline.com
https://amazon.com
https://login.veeam.com
https://my.vmware.com

but hey, i just noticed something very interesting. On the sites where i only have one login it actually autofill!! In Chrome/Edge, when i then click on the blue TK icon i see there's only one choice, but in Firefox that never comes up!
So on all the sites where i have multiple logins, it doesn't autofill because of that, and the option to choose doesn't come up. There's the real issue!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 40

Good morning,

Just to confirm, at the beginning of the week, I did ask you if the issue you saw concerned multiple account login or single logins, if the issue is seen only with multiple logins, then as I said about 2 weeks ago, the issue is known and we should soon have an idea of a date for a fix release for this.

I know our dev team is working on this very same issue but again I want to confirm that it is happening most of all with multiple login with the Firefox True Key extension and where issue was not seen when you had the True Key desktop standalone version.

Please let me know if this is correct.

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 20 of 40

Yes i'm sorry, when i tested earlier i was sure i only had one login on the sites i tested, but i was mistaken.

So, it fills in on 100% of sites that has a single account, no fill or choice on every account that has multiple logins.

These issues i did not have with the desktop version, correct!!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community