McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 16

Re: True Key Export Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

I just sent you an email.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

So you are in the loop, I have asked our development team to investigate the issue related to the Chrome extension export tool.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

While I could see a file format issue issue and we are presently looking into it, we could not reproduce the main reason of your post - the export tool. We have attempted several times but we are able to export using our True Key Chrome extension.

I would suggest to look at the Chrome browser settings as the browser could be blocking this kind of tool within their application.

Thanks,

Marc D.

GSperry
Contributor II
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Marc -

Around March 18th I used the Chrome Extension for TrueKey to try and export since you had said your team was looking into it and for the first time it prompted me for a file location and worked like the Windows App after it had been changed to create a CSV formatted file instead of a JSON format.  Both the app and the extension are now performing the same for exporting a comma delimited credentials file (even the issue where the export file is created without a .csv file is the same in both).

I did not change any Chrome settings or download a new version of the extension - I assumed your team had changed/standardized code that the extension called to make it work.

I appreciate your help resolving the issue so that I can keep an off-site copy of my credentials.

Greg

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Whatever the reason was that it is now working as expected for you is awesome.

Don't hesitate to reach out in case of anything.

Thanks,

Marc D.

nancyhooper
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

My export still doesn't work on true key.  I have called multiple times, had technical support who told me to remove any logins that I was only using for notes-which I have completed and still no dice.  When I select export, it asks for my login and then does nothing--Really tired of messing with this

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community