True Key has been rock solid for a good few years on all my machines. However, today, True Key stopped working altogether.
1) It doesn't open
2) When it eventually loads, I'm presented with a white screen and the app fails to fully render.
3) When I attempt to close True Key, I'm presented with a "Not responding" message and I need to enter Task Manager to kill the process
1. Deleting the "mcylsq.dat" file whilst stopping and re-enabling all True Key services.
2) Full uninstall and reinstall using the latest version from the True Key website (tried doing this twice). I even tried reinstalling it without uninstalling the previous install.
3) Uninstalling Chrome True Key extension and repeating Point #2 & resetting Chrome to default
Please can someone help? I'm reliant on True Key working to help me get on with my work etc. It's unacceptable that the product has somehow stopped working.
Thank you for your help in advance .
Ps. Screen shots attached.
It happened to me as well, I uninstalled the app and using the edge extension. Working well
Yes using the new Edge extension will work, as it would on extension only for Chrome or Firefox, but regarding the standalone desktop app we are still looking for the root cause and a posible fix, hopefully we should get this very soon.
Any further updates on the Windows app?
Not yet but hopefully very soon, we are testing different builds searching for the root cause of the True Key desktop app blank screen. As soon as I have more details I will share them with you on this thread as well as others posts here for the same issue.
I just wanted to confirm as I promised, that the fix patch has been released this morning and it will automatically patched your True Key desktop application to fix the blank screen issue.
Let me know if there are any issues, thanks.
No change on my machine. True Key still gives me a blank window with a rotating arrow. How is the automatic update suppose to work if the app can't open? Don't we need to do a reinstall?
A release to the Windows TK desktop app is done silently in the background so therefore it requires no action on your end. I know that update runs once daily and probably you have not receive it yet but normally I expect that this will happen during the day today.
Thank you for that clarification. Hopefully it will update soon.
Absolutely Bill, and if it does not update let me know tomorrow morning and i will be looking in to it right away.
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: