Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RudyVDW
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

TK on browser - login

My TK was migrated to the Chrome browser with the latest version 6.2.110.10

When I start up my PC, the icon appears in full blue (not black logoff) but I still need to login with the Master Password.

It is very cumbersome because it is repetitive and it wasn't the case with the Applicaiton on my PC before moving to the browser.

What can I do to have the TK always logged in when I start my PC?

6 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: TK on browser - login

Good morning,

Are you starting your PC or is it on all the time? Also, you could check in the True Key settings for the sign out settings, and see what is set to, it can be set from 1 hour to 7 days but if PC is restarted the clock will get reseated after the reboot happens.

Thanks,
Marc D.

RudyVDW
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It occurs each time I start again my PC. 

My settings of the TK Master Psw is set at 7 days.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Again, if by "start my PC" you mean you are rebooting your system, it is then expected that you would have to log back in True Key. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

RudyVDW
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

If this is what you write: PC is restarted the clock will get reseated after the reboot happens.

then it is not pleasant because with the TK application there was not such an issue.

Puts again more strain on the user because you can well imagine that a Master Psw is not a small string.

This is going against the clock in terms of progress moving to a browser based version. Sorry to hear this.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

I understand that, not sure why you weren't prompted to sign back in on your True Key account when it was used as a desktop standalone app., normally independent of the platform (mobile/ Windows) or TK mode (desktop app or extension first (only on browsers), you should have been prompted to log back in.

The idea of this is really to make sure that someone does not have access to your TK account when the system is rebooted by requiring the credentials.

Thanks,

Marc D.

RudyVDW
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Tks, whatever, this is how it was with the application. I was never required to login at each start up of my PC. Only a lengthy absence (7 days) prompted me to sign in again. 

From your reading I must conclude that I was lucky and spoiled having this service in the past. Back to normal then.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community