cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betme
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

TK does not autofill on schwab.com using a Chromebook

I can go to True Key and click on the Schwab box but it won't autofill the user and pw after it loads the site, nor will it autofill when the schwab.com site is loaded manually. Is this some sort of protective measure on the part of Schwab?

8 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: TK does not autofill on schwab.com using a Chromebook

If it was working before and now it wont auto-fill and wont auto-submit, it is most probably because Schwab changed something on their website content script breaking the True Key instant login capability.

I can check how feasible would be for us to make it work again depending on the changes they made.

Thanks,

Marc D.

davisdone
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

It's been over a year.  I just installed True Key on firefox.  It works for most things, but fails for schwab.com.  When are you going to fix this?  I tried to set it up using browsing and manual.  Neither worked.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

While I understand that instant login wont work schwab.com because this optimization has not been done.

I don't understand what you meant by the manual mode not working either, can you add the schwab.com site asset in your TK launchpad and copy manually the username/password credentials in order to login?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

davisdone
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Nope.  I created a manual entry for schwab.com.  When I click on that in True Key,  I am automatically redirected to https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/client_home.  Perhaps that confuses True Key.   Neither my user name nor password appears.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

OK so clicking on the schawab.com asset tile inside your True Key launchpad is not manual, it is the same as going directly to the schwab.com website and letting the instant login feature log you in automatically.

The manual mode would be just copying your username and password from this tile asset and entering them in the credential fields inside the website with control -c & control-v.

If clicking on the tile asset does not log you in and you don't see the True Key star blue icon at the end of the credential fields it is because this site still needs to be optimized for the instant login to function.

One thing, I would want you to ensure is that the URL where the credential fields are is exactly the same as the website in the tile asset in your launchpad, for example: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/login/SignIn as you can see this URL is where the credentials need to be entered.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 9

Good morning,

This should be the correct URL to enter the credentials and the one that should be saved in your asset tile in the True Key launchpad: https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/login/login.html&lang=en

Thanks,

Marc D.

davisdone
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

That link is just to an alternative Schwab login site which also doesn't work with True Key.  It appears True Key is more limited than I expected.  It also didn't work for espn.com.  It's a shame.  When it works, it's great.  Manual mode seems pretty useless if I have to open the tile and copy the contents into the username and password fields.  What I expected was that once I created a manual tile, it would thereafter auto log me in.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 9

I agree with you that manual mode is not the best and ideally the auto-login is the preferred method. Please understand that our auto-login depends on the websites changes, the websites when they update their content script can break our instant login feature, sometimes the optimization work is not very complex but other times it does require more work.

If you are using the Chrome browser True key extension, any websites that you have noticed not working with our instant login can be reported to us directly, on the upper right hand side in the Chrome browser you will see the TK blue icon, right click on it, and choose the second True Key by McAfee menu drop down and you can click on the "i wasn't logged in to this website".

I will check on the issue with ESPN but my guess is that they have made some recent changes that has affected as I said before our instant login.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community