Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

Suggestions to improve "true key"

Jump to solution

Sinds yesterday i moved from lastpass to 'True Key' and i am happy with the move. But there are some thinks i would like to see changed:

1) When you add a new password or edit an existing entry, and you click outside the form you will get no warning. The dialog is closed and you loose all your edits. I lost my changes a view time this way. The dialog should detect when you make a change and if so it should ask you if you want to loose your changes.

2) I would like to group my passwords, so i can make a group for private accounts and work related accounts. A nested tree of password categories would be awesome to have.

3) The migration tool from Lastpass to 'true key' does not migratie notes. it should and it would be easy to build.

Thank in advance for taking the time to look at my suggestions. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Re: Suggestions to improve "true key"

Jump to solution

This is not a bug but rather an improvement that can be made on the edit mode.

As I said, you will lose only the edited changes done (not your data) and only if you click within anywhere on the True Key launchpad, if you are editing a login and click outside the True Key app, you can go back to the True Key edit window and continue your editing changes with no issues.

Our Dev team is already aware of this suggestion and we will look to implement somewhere in our road map.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

i have 2 more:

4) The migration from LastPass to "True key" exported that where old. It should import the most recent passwords. I found that out after i remove all my password from LassPass.

5) This form gives me this errors on a regular basis.

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/True-Key/Suggestions-to-improve-quot-true-key-quot/m-p/626703
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Good morning Erik,

First thank you for your amazing suggestions that i will be bringing up to our product manager for consideration to be added in the road map of our app.

Having said that, let me also comment o some of the suggestions you made. Your first suggestion I have not able to reproduce it, I edited one of my logins, made some modifications and clicked externally to go do something else (did some work on MS Word), came back to True Key and could still see it in edit mode with the modifications I was making where I could then cancel or save. Let me know if this is not what you saw.

Your second suggestion is in fact one of our most suggested feature so I am not surprised you raised it as well.

Let me see if we can build a migration import tool that can include logins but safe notes as well which in the case for LastPass it would be their secure notes. In any case, we will see how feasible it is to complement our current export tool so it can also include the secure notes from LastPass.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

By these suggestions, I think you are referring to the True Key import tool and how some of the data integrity is not right as well as getting errors during the import process.

I think this is not really a suggestion but really an issue, unfortunately third party companies like LastPass, Dashlane, etc. keep making modifications on their data structure and this impacts our .csv file that we get imported from them. I will look into that for you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Maybe my problem is browser related, not sure. But if your developers checks this line of code

_onBackgroundClicked: function(e) {
    var isBackground = e.target === this.ui.background[0];
         this.getOption("disableDestroyHooks") || isBackground && this.destroy({
         userTriggered: !0
    })
},

in ui.js, he will know what i mean. But when i edit a login, and click on the background. The edit login form wil close. And all edits will be lost.

The behavior of a model dialog should be so that it checks for any modifications. If there are none, it could just close when clicking on the background, or by hitten de ESC key or by clicking on the close button, or cancel button. But if there are any edit's, it should ask the user if the want to loose/discard there changes.  

It's not a big deals, but it's especially annoying when i want to copy the 'website url' for example. I select the text, and release the mouse button above the background. This will close the dialog.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

If it is browser related, I could certainly check it further and see if there is an issue there.

Would you be able to provide me with the browser you are using and its version as well as the True Key app version.

Thanks,

Marc D.

erikdeboer
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Sure:

http://youtu.be/ji4YGDFe2YM?hd=1

True Key v3.1.9219

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Good morning Erik,

I tested your scenario and this is what I found, you are correct to say that if you are editing a login within True Key and click anywhere on the True Key launchpad you would lose your edited changes.

But having said that, you can edit a login and click anywhere outside True Key as I confirmed last week and if you get back to True Key the edit window should still remained open and you can go ahead and save or cancel your edited changes.

So it is not an issue but perhaps an experience that could be improved on how logins edit can be managed within True Key. I have all the information I need and I will inform our product manager and hopefully a change can be made somewhere in the product road map.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback,

Marc D.

R_e_m_o
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution
Number 1) is really an urgent bug to fix, considering that you could possibly lose data without recognizing!
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

This is not a bug but rather an improvement that can be made on the edit mode.

As I said, you will lose only the edited changes done (not your data) and only if you click within anywhere on the True Key launchpad, if you are editing a login and click outside the True Key app, you can go back to the True Key edit window and continue your editing changes with no issues.

Our Dev team is already aware of this suggestion and we will look to implement somewhere in our road map.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community