cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdu
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Suggestion: Generate logins on the fly

Just now I created a new account for this forum. I immediately ran into a few usability issues that I would like to see fixed.

First of all there was no way to generate a new password on the fly. I had to go into the app and add a login. Even in that screen there was no way to generate a password. I had to generate the password, copy it, and then add the login. I'm used to 1Password that this is one step.

Once I did get in, it wanted to save over my existing McAfee login. Since this is a different site, I didn't could not let that happen.

This was all too tedious and it feels like the system is getting in my way instead of improving my life. There should be a way to generate new logins on the fly. There should also be a way to choose a login instead of being forced into a select few the app thinks are a match.

1 Reply
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Suggestion: Generate logins on the fly

Good morning,

It is accurate that you cannot generate a new password for a login that has not been saved first, only way is to create a login and save it and then you can change the password by generating a new password and changing it with your old password.

There is no way to link a newly generated password to a login that has not been saved already.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community