cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wogd
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Suddenly MS Edge tab opening every session says True Key "Finishing up installation"

Jump to solution

Suddenly MS Edge tab opening every session says True Key "Finishing up installation" "Tab will close automatically when complete".

Well, you probably already guessed it, the tab never closes and opens again every time I start a new EDGE session.

Rebooting my Windows 10 Pro does not help.

This problem started 5/2/2017.  I have used True Key with EDGE for 3 months without any issues.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 15

Re: Suddenly MS Edge tab opening every session says True Key "Finishing up installation"

Jump to solution

Hello,

Our fix has been deployed yesterday, please remove True Key and then reinstall it from the Edge store and the issue with the endless installation spinner should now be fixed.

Thanks,

Marc D.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 15

Re: Suddenly MS Edge tab opening every session says True Key "Finishing up installation"

Jump to solution

​,

I will contact a Lead Engineer/Expert from the TrueKey Team on your behalf. He is better suited to address your question. ​ Could you kindly assist this customer please?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Yep, this is known to us and we are investigating best way to address this with a fix, I should know more definitely by tomorrow.

Have a nice evening,

Marc D.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Thank you Marc !

That was quick

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jrc99
Contributor III
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

I have the same problem but it only started in the early hours of the 1st on May , I have left it running and as you say does not close.

You can close the tab and open True Key from the ... (settings and more) and it runs fine.

It does not appear to be a Microsoft update that is causing the problem as the last installed update was 22nd April.

carpetking
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

I too have the same problem. We would really appreciate a solution to this answer!

Thank you!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

​ any news?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

For your information, our development team is currently working on a fix that will solve the issue with the completing the installation endless spinner on MS Edge.

I hope we will be able to release this fix early next week.

I will definitely update this thread with the news once is out.

Have a good weekend,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

For your information, our development team is currently working on a fix that will solve the issue with the completing the installation endless spinner on MS Edge.

I hope we will be able to release this fix early next week.

I will definitely update this thread with the news once is out.

Have a good weekend,

Marc D.

freakpower
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi hope really to hear next week about a solution for this.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community