cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sorting issue with True Key (McAfee Customer Support - SR-2451063726 and 2451086053)

I am a paid subscriber to both McAfee Live Safe and True Key. I am having issues in sorting in the True Key application. This application does not have a sorting option based on the website name i.e. "Login Title". Rather it sorts basis the "Website URL" displayed upfront on the app. Job/career websites of Ernst and Young, Citi Bank, Societe Generale, Yes Bank, Adobe, State Street are all supported by Taleo or Workday. These logins are shown as taleo.net or myworkdayjobs.com on the application resulting in an unsorted view. Please help me in getting the above issue fixed. Also, can there be an option to categorize the Logins e.g. all job/ career websites categorized as Job, banking websites as Banks, Email websites as Emails, etc? A customizable sorting based on “Login Title” or Categories will help. At present True Key has a sorting option basis the Alphabetical Order, Most Recent and Most Used. It seems that the Alphabetical Order option only sorts basis the "Website URL". I have attached screenshots of the issueSorting issueSorting issue

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sorting issue with True Key (McAfee Customer Support - SR-2451063726 and 2451086053)

Good morning AJ,

You are right, we do sort the logins in the lauchpad by domain name, looking back it has been what customers had preferred in the past, I think implementing a new sort order is a great idea, please don't hesitate to suggest it here: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/consumer-ideas

If more users are asking the same it will be obviously given a greater priority in our development backlog.

I will also start the conversations to look in implementing new sorting options.

Thanks,

Marc D.

AJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Sorting issue with True Key (McAfee Customer Support - SR-2451063726 and 2451086053)

Good Morning Marc,

Thank you so much for replying.

Yes, as you can see from the screenshot that I had attached earlier, all the career websites that use Taleo gets clubbed as Taleo due to its domain name. This does not help me to auto log in to the websites.  It is also an issue with websites that are supported by Workday.

Please do check if something can be done since True Key not just eases me to remember log in ids or passwords, however, also helps me to avoid copy pasting or typing these credentials.

I am sure, others might also be having this issue.

Regards,

Anish

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi AJ,

This is very specific to how Taleo has built their website, it is being recognized as a single website although you have as shown on your screenshot several different logins. Let me be more specific, if you have several gmail addresses or for instance eBay accounts, when you login to gmail or to eBay it will display a menu so you can choose the apporpiate gmail or eBay account.

My guess is that this is not how is been done with the Taleo website, TK is probably seeing it as duplicate logins. I think in this case, be able to sort by login title alphabetically such as Invesco, Societe Generale or Yahoo will resolve this issue.

As I said on my previous email, I will advocate for you with my development team but please use the link I provided earlier so you can officialy suggested to them as well.

Thanks,

Marc D.

MichaelJY
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

It's interesting to see that almost four years have passed since your post, and this issue still has not been addressed!

I've been a McAfee LiveSafe premium user for years, and a recent convert to True Key due to LastPass changes to their pricing.  I'm hoping to avoid paying $36/year for LastPass when True Key is included with my LiveSafe subscription, but I'm beginning to worry that I might not be able to use True Key due to its shortcomings.

I have installed the True Key Extension for Chrome on my PC, and the True Key Android App on my phone.  These two True Key apps use different sorting methods for passwords!  The Android app correctly sorts passwords using the Login Title data field, i.e. the name that users give the password.

But the True Key Chrome Extension uses a different data field.  It sorts using the Website URL data field, which often isn't anything like a descriptive name for the site.  This results in two different looking password lists in the same app, depending on whether you are viewing it through Android or Chrome.

This is a coding problem.  All that needs to be done is to update the True Key Chrome Extension and redirect the sort function to use the Login Title Field instead of the Website URL Field.  This is a serious inconsistency between the two apps.  It shouldn't be that hard to fix.

KatMac
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for posting this. To add to your issues, I want the 'buttons' to be customized by name as well. It is bad enough they apparently 'pull the name and logo from the site' and it can't be changed, but I even have a BLANK button.
Yes, it shows up in the listing but I would MUCH prefer to have the ability to enter what I want on the button, not what is gathered from the site and may not work for me.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community