Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crecord2
Former Member
Message 21 of 45

Re: SafeKey Update Alert Wont Go Away

Jump to solution

I have been receiving calls from McAfee weekly telling me they were working on the fix to the problem.  They just pushed an update today.  I installed it and the Safekey problem seems to have been cured!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 45

Jump to solution

That's great news, good luck 😉

meta
Former Member
Message 23 of 45

Jump to solution

I am still having this same issue with the SafeKey Update appearing at the top of the browser. I uninstalled SafeKey in Win7 control panel and confirmed the plugin now longer appeared in IE addons.  I downloaded and installed the latest copy from the McAfee Dashboard. As soon as I opened IE the update message appeared at the top of the page.  Vulnerability Scanner found no new updates. I have scanned in with a number of scanners in safe mode and all appears clean. In IE's, Manage Add-ons I have two listings related to SafeKey under McAfee, Inc, McAfee SafeKey and McAfee SafeKey Vault. There is a third listing that is listed under

Name:               McAfee SafeKey
Publisher:          Not Available
Type:               Browser Extension
Architecture:       32-bit and 64-bit
Version:            Not available
File date:          Not available
Date last accessed: Not available
Class ID:           {43699CD0-E34F-11DE-8A39-0800200C9A66}
Use count:          0
Block count:        0
File:               Not available
Folder:             Not available
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 45

Jump to solution

Best contact Technical Support as I'm sure they need to hear from more cases.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

kassebasse
Contributor
Message 25 of 45

Jump to solution

I have also experienced this type of problem with IE 11. I have igored this because I know that I have a legit Mcafee Safekey. It is downloaded with Mcafee Livesafe on Mcafees website. If it would be a virus, I would not continue to use Mcafee at all.

crecord2
Former Member
Message 26 of 45

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon when I reported that the issue was fixed. The problem returned even after the last update.  McAfee Tier 2 Support continues to email me weekly telling me they are still working on the problem.  I will report again when they tell me there is a resolution.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 45

Jump to solution

crecord2 wrote:

I spoke too soon when I reported that the issue was fixed. The problem returned even after the last update.  McAfee Tier 2 Support continues to email me weekly telling me they are still working on the problem.  I will report again when they tell me there is a resolution.

Sorry to hear that and glad that Technical Support are working on it.

crecord2
Former Member
Message 28 of 45

Jump to solution

I just received my weekly call from McAfee Tier 2 Support.  They are working on a complete upgrade and overhaul of the product.  It will have a new name when released.  They did not give me an ETA, but said it is in the works.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 45

Jump to solution

Interesting, thanks.

maswift1952
Contributor
Message 30 of 45

Jump to solution

I installed All Access on Saturday August 22nd. I also have this issue. The alert will not go away. How do we go about reporting this?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community