Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 45

Re: SafeKey Update Alert Wont Go Away

Jump to solution

I concur with CatDaddy regarding SpyHunter.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 45

Jump to solution

Just stabbing in the dark...Could it be Vulnerability Scanner throwing the prompts?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
crecord2
Former Member
Message 13 of 45

Jump to solution

I have SafeKey installed and use it.  It just keeps prompting me to install the latest update (which is installed).  I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything that made a difference.  I ran, clean, restarted.  Issue still there.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 45

Jump to solution

OMG I see how frustrating that is then.  I'm wondering if it's an IE thing that causes such things to persist.  I stopped using IE because every time I open it, it asks me if I wish to make Google the default search engine, and like your SafeKey update being already installed, it already is the default, yet I get that prompt every time I open the browser, so have switched to Firefox long ago.

Let's hope that escalation finds something.

crecord2
Former Member
Message 15 of 45

Jump to solution

I could change browsers.  If I use Chrome (which I sometimes do), I don't have the problem.  I just don't think I should have to change because of McAfee!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 45

Jump to solution

I can understand and in fact IE11 is probably the safest browser to use anyway, but at the same time one has to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

crecord2
Former Member
Message 17 of 45

Jump to solution

I finally talked to Tier 2 Support.  They are aware of the problem.  It seems to happen to people besides me.  They don't have a fix yet, but they are working on it and will email me when they have a solution or update.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 45

Jump to solution

Thank you for the 'Update' This information could benefit others, should they run into the same issue.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 45

Re: Re: SafeKey Update Alert Wont Go Away

Jump to solution

Hello All,

This issue seems to be persistent in IE and Chrome browsers. Interestingly "Safekey" provides you with an update and when you install it, you get the same version as before. Users facing this issue can add to this thread.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 20 of 45

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem on IE and Firefox, but Chrome was fine.

I am running SafeKey, it shows the bar to update to the latest version and I click it, it downloads the same version, I install it anyway, rinse and repeat.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community