Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 1 of 17

Reply to Employee, McAfee True Key 7 Days Logged in

Jump to solution

Reply to Employee, McAfee True Key 7 Days Logged in doesn't work correctly.

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 07:43:33 -0400
Subject: Re: #McAfee LiveSafe Mobile #True Key app question Greetings, (McAfee Support Community Subscription Update)
I'm very surprised that at McAfee you don't have access to that information at the touch of a button. However,  Yes I do have TrueKey running on my HP Laptop. That was the first device the LiveSafe subscription was on. No, it is not logging out before 7 days. ACTUALLY YESit is having the same problem. Sometimes just closing the tab in chrome or MS Edge web browser. But I don't think it has the same type of skins for TrueKey as the Mobile app. 
Respectfully, 
Barry 

On wrote:

Hi dadybear1234,marcd (McAfee Employee) posted a new reply in on 09-18-2019 08:31 AM:

Good morning Barry,

You certainly are at the right place to post this question. This is a known issue and it is already in our backlog to get fixed.

Can you let me know if you have True Key running in any other devices/systems besides on your Android device and if yes, have you noticed the s ----- Message truncated -----

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 17

Re: Reply to Employee, McAfee True Key 7 Days Logged in

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

I will find out where we are with the investigation and ultimately fixing of the True Key sign out times not being respected across different platforms including Android.

Take care,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

I don't get the details provided on this message, Edge browser does not behave the same way regarding the sign out time settings as the other platforms/ browsers.

There is an issue we are working on to better adjust the time out settings so timer gets respected according to the time that is chosen.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

As I said on my previous post I would need to know exactly where the issue with the automatic sign out time is being observed, mobile platform (iOS or Android), desktop (Windows) standalone True Key app where the launchpad opens on the desktop or desktop (Windows) extension first via the Chrome or Firefox browser or on MAC (extension first). 

Also provide the version number where the issue is been observed.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Dear Marc,

I'm sorry I thought I already answered this but 3 to 4 times a day Google keeps on bouncing your reply back to me for some reason so I'll try again. 

#1: The biggest problem I have with the 7 days logged in for problem is on my Android Phone. A Samsung Galaxy J2 Core on the Metro by T-Mobile network to be exact.

#2: Chrome is what I use the most so that is where it happens the most. Windows 10 Google Chrome Extention or Windows 10 MS Edge Extention. I can't remember why I'm using extensions for True Key when McAfee has a supposed download straight from the LiveSafe program. I think it's because when the agent at McAfee tried to help me set it up on the Laptop there was an error?

Thank you & I hope this gets to you,

Barry

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

Good morning Barry,

Hopefully you will get this message, if I understand correctly your sign out times of 7 days is not being respected on your Android phone and on your Chrome extension, is this correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Good Evening Marc,

Yes, that is correct. However as I said on the Android phone the Settings in the True Key app has a large section as part of a list states Settings > Lock Preferences > Auto Sign Out > then it states 7 Days because that's what I set it for. However, it could be 1 or 2 hours or 1 or 2 days but usually between 2 hours & 1 day I find I have to Sign On the True Key app all over again because I was signed out somehow.

BTW: Was it true when you stated: You certainly are at the right place to post this question. This is a known issue and it is already in our backlog to get fixed?

Of course one more thing. As far as Google Chrome browser extension & MS Edge browser extension it happens on both also, usually by the tab in the window just closing by itself & it's not as big of deal & I never read anything about the 7 Day Auto sign out or stay signed in for, setting on LiveSafe or True Key's Extension settings & it's a lot easier to tap a little blue icon to sign right back on.

Respectfully,

Barry

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Good evening Barry,

On Android, the settings that manages the time options are labeled "when do you want to be signed out" and yes both in the mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and on Chrome and Firefox, the sign out setting needs to be further investigated and ultimately fix.

I will do my best to push this forward so we can get a fix in the near future.

On MS Edge, the behaviour should be a bit different but if you already made sure that the Edge is not clearing the cache and sign out time is stilll not respected we will need to add it to the other browsers and mobile platforms to get fixed as well.

Last point, on the desktop in Chrome and Firefox, the True Key blue icon on the top right of the browser indicates you are still signed in well red and black means you are signed out and you need to login to access your account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

I forgot to ask something regarding your Windows system, do you typically turn off the system when you are done with it??? 

Thanks,

Marc D.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello Mr. Marc,

To follow up with you, you stated on my Android it states:  "when do you want to be signed out"  That is on top of the screen After you go to Settings then Lock Preferences then Auto Sign Out then you tap the Blue Colored Circle with the Right-facing / pointing Arrow or this symbol > (inside a blue circle) then after tapping that blue arrow it brings you to the screen that reads:  "When do you want to be signed out?" in Red Colored Text at the top of the screen, 6 instances to pick from in a row or column or list (whatever you would want to call the six things to pick from starting from Top to Bottom: Immediately - 15 Minutes - 30 Minutes - 1 Hour - 2 Hours - 7 Days. Which is what I picked from the column of picks from the very beginning = 7 Days. Since approximately April of 2019. So, that is why this problem of having to sign back into True Key on my phone at least once a day, every day! Stupid question but after all this I want to make sure I understand fully. When you state "when do you want to be signed out", it is followed by: "and yes both in the mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and on Chrome and Firefox, the sign out setting needs to be further investigated and ultimately fix." Are the words (and yes) starting a new statement about Android & IOS - Chrome and Firefox, or is it the rest when do you want to be signed out? Do you understand what I mean? If not, don't worry I'm pretty sure how it reads. That last question is just part of my Hepatic Encephalopathy. Thanks Again Barry

PS: LAST POINT- I remember now how right you are, even if the tab for True Key isn't open anymore you don't have to tap on the Blue Icon, only if it's Black in Color.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Marc, when you say the Windows system, I'm not sure what you mean. Because I'm so used to using the Google Chrome Browser I use it on my 6-month-old HP Laptop. I was forced to use Nothing but a borrowed 20-year-old "patients laptop" starting on 01/04/2012 when I came here for a respite or rehab at a skilled (crappy) nursing home in  Brockton, MA due to End-Stage Liver Disease, I left my Desktop in storage & it was auctioned off because I couldn't find the storage facility that the hospital had moved all my household belongings to, until it was too late. I'm still here over 7.5 Years later but should be leaving for housing & Transplant soon due to the Liver is on its last bit of usefulness. I used a crappy Linux Laptop that 100 other patients used until late 2014 when my sister bought me a Tablet which of course was loaded with Android & Google stuff until I came out of remission & had/have to get my online listings & website ready to all go live again soon Abacus Airport & Transportation Service, Limo Service, Car Service, etc... so I purchased this thousand dollar powerful HP Laptop. That's when I purchased my MacAfee LiveSafe subscription with true key which by the way the scans don't work correctly on the Laptop but 1 thing at a time, right?

SORRY, anyway I only open & use MS Edge a couple of times for a couple of hours a week. I mostly use Chrome whenever I need the internet. However, as you know, whatever I'm using the Laptop is on therefore the Windows 10 System is on 100% of the time when the device is on.

So the question do you typically turn off the system when you are done with it??? You could have a few different answers, right?

Again thanks,

Barry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community