cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Quick Access to Passwords?

LastPass on Chrome lets you search for a site in the extension and then copy a password from it, or open a new tab with details.  This is very convenient for when the in-page auto-complete doesn't work (which is not terribly uncommon) or when I need to quickly grab a password for the current site so I can paste it into a client app.

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quick Access to Passwords?

I wil contact someone on your behalf.

@GaneshR  @Former Member @marcd

Comment please if 1 of you can assist this customer.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hello @micah-zoltu 

In truekey also we can do the same. 

Open trukey> Search website> choose third icon (copy password) then you can manually paste that password for the website. 

To view the password trukey> Search website> choose second icon (edit login) , Where you view /update the password.

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

This isn't really "quick access" for a couple of reasons:

1. it requires loading the TrueKey browser page, which takes a surprising amount of time when you have hundreds of logins as they all need to load into the browser window, plus all of the rendering associated with them.

2. While search is quick and the cursor defaults to the text entry box, if you previously searched for a password and left the page open then the cursor does _not_ default to the search box, so you have to click in the box.

3. You cannot copy the password via the keyboard, you must use the mouse.  While this seems small, it does end up creating a notable slowdown, especially on a device with a trackpad or similarly slow-to-use pointing device and the context switch from keyboard (search) to mouse (copy password) is non-zero.

Somewhat related is the fact that TrueKey opens in a separate window which involves a cognitive context switch.  There are times when I click to open TrueKey and by the time the page loads I have forgotten what site I was looking for the password for so I have to switch back to remind myself.

I recognize that all of this sounds small and inconsequential, but when you are logging in to dozens or hundreds of sites per day minor UX problems like this really start to take their toll and make other password managers look more appealing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community