cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SecureFox
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Problems updating True Key to 'extension first' version 6

I feel like I'm going round in circles here. I'm trying to get the version of True Key in Chrome and Firefox to version 6 as I've been advised to.

Remove the extensions/add-ons from all browsers. Then uninstall True Key from add/remove programs. Then run Truekeysetup - great, I have version 6.3

It then prompts me to install into Chrome and Firefox. So, I follow the prompts, and i'm left with version 4.3.1.9325 in the browsers. Same thing happens if I install direct from the Chrome Store, or from Firefox's add-on manager. What's going on here? How can it be so difficult to get True Key extension only up to 6.x in my browsers, which is what you've advised me to do?

3 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems updating True Key to 'extension first' version 6

Did you download from truekey.com

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi @SecureFox 

The native true app for PC has become End of life.. True key is only available as browser extension for chrome , edge or firefox.. 

Kindly visit  www.truekey.com/download  to download the truekey browser extension. the recent TK extension version is 4.3.1

Thanks.

SecureFox
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

I appreciate that the standalong version has been retired - there were enough messages about it early in the year. So you're saying it's correct that the browser based extension is only version 4.3.1? Don't you think that's a little confusing, since the original messages were to encourage you to move to standalone version 6 before 31st January this year in order to prepare for 'extension first'?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community