Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Placeholder junk at login screen and less than acceptable support

www.terabyte.net/errors/trukey_login_error.jpg

Please explain this.  I've tried to talk to support but there's a clear lack of actual technology at Intel/McAfee when a customer is unable to send a screenshot to the support rep without being told to use a 3rd party domain, in this case I was told to use mcafeetier2team@suth.com which raises many questions, not the least of which is why would Intel/McAfee send customers to a domain that doesn't have a website and is not Intel/Mcafee?  It's 2018.  That Intel/McAfee can't communicate with customers using their own domain is unprofessional.

To make matters more interesting, if you go to the support portal through TrueKey, you land at:

https://truekey.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/

Now, from here, click on Community and see where it takes you.  Seriously?  This is a paid-app and this is how it's supported???  Maybe it's time to look at one of the plethora of other password managers out there.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Placeholder junk at login screen and less than acceptable support

Hi there,

We are well aware of this issue on the login screen, it is totally random and is schedule to be fixed in our upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Marc D.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

That's actually laughable.  You guys must copy/paste that last line about scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming release.  I think more bugs exist now than did a year ago and your support is worse.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

The fix for the issue you reported was pushed for version True Key 4.20 (Windows), if this is the version you have please check if you see this issue still.

Thanks,

Marc D.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

And how does one convince TrueKey to upgrade to 4.2?  I see no option to update inside the application.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 9

If you are on a Windows platform the True Key app will update automatically once the new update has been pushed from our servers. I am looking into when will this update be pushed, I will let you know once I find out.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 9

I see that a lot of systems receive the update to 4.20, please check again and let me know if your system has indeed being updated to 4.20 and if it has, please check again for the issue you reported if it has been completely corrected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

It appears fixed.  Thanks.  If it returns I'll let you know.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 9

Sure thing, please do. For now I am happy that it is finally resolved.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community