Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8ig8ee
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Outlook.com - logging issues

Hi,

Moving from the last pass, I recently have installed the full version of the true key application. It seems to be working fine for most of the websites but it doesn't work with outlook.com. for example, when I browse www.outlook.com. It does come up with my user name and tries to log me in, then it moves to the next page where the password is required and then it just doesn't pull the password from the databank. I have to manually go into the databank, copy the password and paste it in the box to be able to access the mailbox. 

Anyone had a similar issue?

11 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 12

Re: Outlook.com - logging issues

Good morning,

To better isolate this issue, can you please provide more details regarding if you are using the True Key standalone desktop application or extension first where your logins launchpad are opening within a web browser. If it is extension first which browser are you using (Edge, Chrome or Firefox).

Finally, have you tested an alternative True Key browser extension to see if the issue is still the same there?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

8ig8ee
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Thank you for writing back. I am currently using browser extension in three browsers. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Developer. All of them has the same issue when using www.outlook.com.

I don't know of alternative True Key browser extensions and why there should be multiple extensions?  I am confused.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 12

Again I am not sure if you are using True Key through the desktop app or through a web browser. If it is the web browser you will notice that the launchpad that contains all the logins are opening  on a web tab instead of opening on your desktop, that is how you know the True Key app mode you are using.

Having said that, when something is change on the website that you have stored as a login it will break our True Key instant login and depending on what was change it would need to be optimized again.

The reason why I mentioned all the 3 different True Key browsers extensions is because they are all supported and I have seen and issue with a specific browser extension where username or password was not being entered but on another browser extension like Firefox there was no issues, that is why I asked if you had tested those 3 True Key extensions to isolate the issue better.

From your Chrome browser, right clicking on the True Key blue icon on the top right you can click on the True Key by McAfee sub menu to send a report that you weren't logged in to the website, the team responsible for optimizing websites instant login will receive it and they will enter Outlook.com in the backlog of sites to fix.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

8ig8ee
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I understand your question much better now. I am not as technical as you are you see :). I am using true key through a web browser. 

I have submitted a report as you suggested by right-clicking and then suggesting that I was not logged in to this web site. so fingers crossed. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 12

Awesome, thanks for submitting this, I will also push it on my end. As I said previously, depending on the changes Microsoft did on the Outlook.com web page, sometimes it could be easily corrected, other times they might need more development work.

Thanks,

Marc D.

8ig8ee
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I have reported a few sites. I was wondering how do we notice progress or change? The issue is that other password managers seem to work on those sites such as last pass and Norton but not true key. 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 12

Good morning,

Can you provide me with some of the websites you reported, I can check on them.

Thanks,

Marc D.

8ig8ee
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

www.outlook.com

www.lycamobile.co.uk

to start with, I will start noticing as I didn't keep a log, unfortunately, but I will from now. I notice any websites with pop up login has logging issue with the true key

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 12

Alright a few thoughts here.

I just tested the outlook.com and I was auto logged in as expected, not sure why is not working for you but perhaps the website URL defined in your Outlook.com login asset inside your launchpad was incorrectly set. I use the following URL "https://login.live.com/login.srf " and I had no issues logging in.

A good way to test this is instead of going through the website, you can click on the specific tile in your launchpad and see if it does log you in.

Just for your information, our instant login feature is broken down in 2 different actions, the first is the auto-fill when your credentials are filled in on the username/ password fields, and the second one is the auto-submit where the enter button is automatically clicked to get you logged in to the specific website.

Also there is no need to keep a log of the non working websites as you can submit them to us dynamically but right clicking on the True Key blue icon on your Chrome browser and the second link there (True Key by McAfee) should open a second menu with a few options and one of them is "I logged in to this website"

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community