cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_K
Contributor
Message 11 of 36

Re: Numerous Issues

The extension opens and works fine on Chrome, so the only problem lies within Firefox. The Firefox extension never did open like it does on Edge and Chrome so I'm not sure what the issue is there, it had only ever auto-started the Windows app. I checked my version of Firefox and everything is up to date, other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be. I have also reinstalled Firefox but that didn't do the trick either.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 36

Do you have a security /Antivirus program running on the system that could be blocking the True Key extension launching? If you have a security program, please disable it temporarily to see if you can launch TK normally.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Sam_K
Contributor
Message 13 of 36

I disabled all anti-virus, ad-blockers, everything that I could think of that would block the True Key window from loading, even McAfee WebAdvisor, but the extension still won't work properly.

Chaten
Contributor
Message 14 of 36

I don't mean to hijack the post but I've had the exact same issue since last week after a windows update.

Desktop version thinks its offline and cannot connect to the Trukey servers.
Firefox extention works but no longer provides a dropdown list of logins when trying to login to any particular site.

I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled last week and this week but the same problems are still there. 

Desktop Version does not want to work.
FF version works but not fully.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 36

Good morning,

Can you confirm you are running the desktop standalone version where the True Key launchpad opens on your desktop instead of opening on your web browser as for extension first?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 36

Good morning,

You are not hijacking this post on the contrary, thanks for providing more details on the issue you are seeing.

I just want to get more clarity on your issue, you said in your post that the issue started after a Windows update, what was this update?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Sam_K
Contributor
Message 17 of 36

Well since you had me uninstall the Windows stand-alone app yesterday, that would no longer be the case. Everything is running strictly through the browsers at this point.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 36

True, so in your case it is just the Firefox True Key extension that would not launch but Chrome and Edge extensions are working as expected, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Chaten
Contributor
Message 19 of 36

Hi MarcD ,

It was the "update to Windows 10, version 1903" update. 
It was a big update which took a long time and I don't think it completed correctly as its asking me to do it again this week but everything else worked as normal after the update attempt accept for TrueKey

Sam_K
Contributor
Message 20 of 36

Yes, that is correct. Both the Chrome and Edge extensions work perfectly fine, just the way the Windows app did until yesterday morning when the server connection issues started.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community