cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iBlake12
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: New chrome extension truekey login issues

I've just tried it on Edge too - never even used the browser before and same issue so doesnt seem to even be a chrome thing.

Even if i knew what the issue was, like a conflicting programs installed or a particular windows update. at least we'd have a temp fix.

ByronAP
Contributor II
Message 12 of 18

Edge is Chrome now, and somehow seems better then Chrome.

ByronAP
Contributor II
Message 13 of 18

How about they give us a  way to get our data out so we can use it to repopulate a better app or at least have access to our logins... you know something a normal friggin company would do!

SueGee
Contributor II
Message 14 of 18

This is been going on for quite a while now, and began with the program not syncing between computers.  I removed then reinstalled TrueKey on on my laptop and it will not let me sign in at all on any browser.  At least I have all my passwords exported and backed up!!  This is after hours on the phone with your "tech help" but no word from them in over a week now.

It is working fine on my desktop PC and on my phone so far.  Not going to fool with it.   

Please let us know when this is going to be working again!!!  Looking at other programs - so the clock is ticking!

ByronAP
Contributor II
Message 15 of 18

So I started looking into it on my own and I see the extension failing because it can't load jQuery. Can anyone else open up the browser dev tool (Inspect on Edge) and go to console, then reload the page and see if you have errors that reference a chrome-extension like this.

chrome-extension://nbeldjopgciegccabfohnefghfpinncn

Ignore any errors about "SourceMap", that is normal.

As an example, this is an error with the extension when you first open it.

ui.js:111 facade method `auth.createAccountHint` did not return a Promise Error: facade method `auth.createAccountHint` did not return a Promise
    at chrome-extension://nbeldjopgciegccabfohnefghfpinncn/scripts/core.js:35:17739
    at Object.dispatch (chrome-extension://nbeldjopgciegccabfohnefghfpinncn/scripts/core.js:35:17207)
    at ChromeBG.value (chrome-extension://nbeldjopgciegccabfohnefghfpinncn/scripts/core.js:22:9774)
    at chrome-extension://nbeldjopgciegccabfohnefghfpinncn/scripts/core.js:23:6232

Sad that I have resorted to debugging friggin crappy JavaScript from a fairly large corporation that refuses to fix a paid product... Ughhh

If by chance a developer working on this sees this post DON'T USE Require and especially not like this... friggin hell

window.jQuery = window.$ = require("jquery")

Mick_Caffee
Contributor II
Message 16 of 18

I'll look at it.... stay tuned.
Mick_Caffee
Contributor II
Message 17 of 18

I see that same thing. I'm technical, but not in this area so I don't know what it means.

I CAN login with a new 'free' account that I created earlier today. And if I login to it after failing to login top my paid account, it shows that I'm premium and has the same expiration date of my paid sub.
SueGee
Contributor II
Message 18 of 18

They are giving "new" premium accounts a 6 month Premium account from what I can see. I tried this but it won't let me import the passwords from my locked-up account!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community