Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iBlake12
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

New chrome extension truekey login issues

Hi,

I have installed the new chrome extension as instructed via email and now cannot login to the extension on one of my 2 Windows 10 PCs. I get all the way through and approve the install from a 2nd device then it quickly flashes a 'that did not work' message and sends me back to the signup screen.

I've tried:

Confirming via email instead of 2nd device

I have reinstalled the extension.

Deleted my chrome user data and resigned in.

Deleted my chrome user data and downloaded the extension on the fresh chrome install

Fully uninstalled Chrome, run disk cleanup, manually deleted all program files/appdata entries for chrome, rebooted windows, ran windows updates, reinstalled chrome with still no joy.

The 'old' extension worked fine, any ideas what is stopping me logging in?

Thanks in advance

17 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 18

Re: New chrome extension truekey login issues

Hi @iBlake12,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. McAfee is aware of the issue and we are working on it. We will update you once the issue is fixed. In the meantime, please provide us the following information. 

Please share us the screenshot of the issue 

Provide us your McAfee True key version and Google chrome version installed on the computer.

Regards,

Allwyn I

iBlake12
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Screenshot attached - as mentioned it just takes me back to this screen after verifying.

Chrome version: Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

True key: 4.3.0.9324

Weblink: chrome-extension://cpaibbcbodhimfnjnakiidgbpiehfgci/pages/dashboard.html

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 18

Hi @iBlake12,

Thank you for providing details and the screenshots. As informed, McAfee is working on the issue and will update once the issue is fixed.

Regards,

Allwyn I

DJC
Contributor II
Message 5 of 18

Exact same issue I'm having! & after receiving a good authentication or verification it is me logging in, it just flashes the screen & returns to the log in page. I've attached the screen shots. 

I also have a service request called into McAfee: #2944531612. Waiting on a call back for when they get it solved. 

DJC
Contributor II
Message 6 of 18

Exact same issue I'm having! & after receiving a good authentication or verification it is me logging in, it just flashes the screen & returns to the log in page.

I also have a service request called into McAfee: #2944531612. Waiting on a call back for when they get it solved.

ByronAP
Contributor II
Message 7 of 18

It's been a few days now... what's the hold up... this is a deal breaker of an issue that should be fixed within hours not days.

DJC
Contributor II
Message 8 of 18

Yea I agree. definitely a deal breaker. I've already started using Google's password saver. McAfee call me yesterday just to let me know they're working on it..........

Mick_Caffee
Contributor II
Message 9 of 18

I'm going on almost a month with this issue. None of my PC's can get in, not even the brand new one that I just received yesterday that I guarantee never accessed True Key, nor had it ever been tainted by McAfee Total Protection (nor will it).

What bothers me the most is that they don't post any status updates anywhere. For the love.... PLEASE COMMUNICATE with your paying customers.  

Does anyone know how to reach the team from PasswordBox... or even Intel Security... ? Can someone help these guys out over here!!! 

Mick_Caffee
Contributor II
Message 10 of 18

It looks like a known issue since at least January....
https://community.mcafee.com/t5/True-Key/True-Key-login/m-p/678994
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community