cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harpthorn
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Multiple logins for a site

I am new to True Key so please bear with me. I am trying to create multiple logins for a site, BT email. I have created one login which works ok. How do I create a second login. If I browse to the site I get logged in with the one already created. I have tried editing that login within True Key browser tab with the new info for another login. But this second login puts me onto MyBT, not email. When on BT site, if I select email it logs me in with first login, no option of second login. What am I doing wrong.

13 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 14

Re: Multiple logins for a site

Hi there,

My advice would be to add a new login manually in your True Key account, using the same Login title and most of all the same Website URL, then the credentials of the username/ password combination of the new login.

Now when you go back to this site, you should be offered a drop down menu where to choose between the logins you have created to log on to.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

harpthorn
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Added manually, same title and URL but different login details but still the same. Just noticed with working login, after form is filled I get a screen for half a second that says "retrieving you dashboard information" then goes to email. Failing login give the "retrieving dashboard" screen for 2 or 3 seconds, then goes to MyBT screen, not email.

I am using web extension only, not the app. I believe the app does not work with Firefox, I installed the app but could not login to True Key Servers.

I am on a Windows 10 PC with Firefox.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 14

That is strange, can you sign out from True Key, you can go directly to the website and start entering your credentials and before you hit enter log back in to True Key and then hit enter to login to your email, don't let the app add the login credentials it already knows.

It should then ask you if you want to add this new login.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

harpthorn
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Deleted existing failing login

Signed out of True Key

Went to bt.com->email, entered the details

Signed in to True Key

Back to bt.com, hit enter and went to my email. True Key did not ask if I wanted to save details. Signed out of email.

Checked True Key and found it had saved the email login I had just done but clicking on it still takes me to MyBT and not email.

Went to the BT email login page but the form not filled and not asked about which login to use.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 14

I will check if there is an issue outside True Key, what is the BT website URL you are using?

Thanks,

Marc D.

harpthorn
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

This is interesting. True key is using https://home.bt.com/login/loginform   Not gone to this URL directly before, I go to bt.com then select email then login. If I go directly to that URL and enter login details for the "working" True Key, I get logged into my email as expected. If I login with the "failing" login, I get taken to MyBT just as True Key is doing. This may be due to the "failing" login is using my primary bt internet details, i.e. what is considered the login associated with my BT account, hence going to MyBT. So maybe it is not a problem with True Key, but it would be nice if you can find if this is so.

I will log a call with BT to query this.

But going direct to this URL does not ask me which login I want, so that does seem a True Key problem.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 14

Well True Key will only ask you which login to use on a drop down menu with multiple assets that have the same URL website, the app does not know which username/ password combination to use. 

This does not seem to be an issue on the True Key side, not multiple assets with identical URL's but rather having a primary default account.

Thanks,

Marc D.

harpthorn
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Just logged on to britishgas.co.uk but login not saved by True Key. I now think True Key is not worth the effort.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 14

Good morning,

First question, were you signed in to the True Key app when you logged in to this website?

Also, as a question related to this website, if you were to add manually the credentials for this website on your True Key dashboard, do you see on the username/password fields ion this website a True Key blue icon at the end of these fields?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community