cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

Multiple domains

There are some websites on the internet that use one set of credentials across multiple domains.  An example of such is the StackExchange network of sites that all share the same backing credential store.  How can I tell TrueKey that two domains are "the same" for the sake of password management?

If I store separate logins for each domain, then when I change my password on one domain (which changes the password for all domains) then TrueKey attempting to login to the other domains will result in an authentication failure and I'll have to spelunk to figure out which domain I executed the password change on so I can copy the password to the other domains.

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Multiple domains

I will contact someone on your behalf.

@GaneshR @Former Member @marcd

Comment please if 1 of you can assist this customer.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Hi micah-zoltu

True Key will create a new launchpad entry for every individual domain. I have played around with it and I dont think there is a way to add one launchpad item for multiple domains.

I would suggest you to post this as an idea on our Consumer Ideas section so that the concerned team can take a look at your suggestion.

Regards
Farhan

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

@Former MemberUnfortunately the "Suggest an Idea" button on that page is greyed out and I was unable to figure out how to get it to be clickable.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi Micah,

Can you please email me at "truekeysupport@mcafee.com" so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community