Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagooUK
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Mobile verification issue

Hi

Has there been any update. I have 2 factor enabled with desktop and mobile phone. Until this week the verification message to my phone as worked perfectly however now when i log in, TK says it has send the verification message but it never arrives. I have managed to log in mostly using the email back up route however its really frustrating that this does not now work reliably. PC is Windows 10 Pro, phone is Honor 8X android - nothing has changed on either device and TK messages to phone have only stopped working this week.

10 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: Mobile verification issue

Hi there,

So I understand, the way it used to work is that every time you would connect to your True key account on your PC it would send a push notification to your Android mobile, correct? and now it is not longer sending this push notification and the only way you have to authenticate yourself so you could login to True Key on your PC is via an email message?

Thanks,

Marc D.

MagooUK
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Correct, still not working this morning, just had to verify via email link again.

Nothing on pc or android phone has changed, just stopped sending the push message (it doesnt even arrive later, just not at all).

Thanks

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 11

Understood, let me look into this.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 11

Just sent you a private message asking you more questions.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

MagooUK
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Where do I find your message please?

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 11

So other users may benefit from this poster's experience. Issue was resolved after he reinstalled the True Key mobile client on his Android device. User is now receiving the 2nd device push notification as expected.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Quick note, what this user did to fix the issue namely reinstall the client True Key app running on his mobile device should be done only when advised.

The reason why that is,  is because if you have only one system/device running True Key as a trusted device by reinstalling True Key on it you will be un-trusting this device/system and therefore you could get locked out from your account unable to sign back-in in certain circumstances.

Thanks,

Marc D.

MagooUK
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Marc

I have one trusted device (my desktop) and the mobile (2nd device). Actually what I did was remove the mobile (2nd device) once logged in on the desktop and then added it back again.  This seems to have cleared whatever issue was inherent in the product whereby the mobile had stopped being sent push verification requests and it is now working again (receiving verification requests) when i log in on my desktop. There was no change made or reason for it to suddenly stop receiving the push confirmations  (it was working fine) so maybe this is something McAfee should take a look at in case it affects other users.

Thanks

MagooUK
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Should have added I didnt uninstall and reinstall the mobile app

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community