Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard378
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

McAfee LiveSafe does not detect TrueKey is already installed and active

Jump to solution

The McAfee control center keeps prompting me to start using TrueKey despite the fact that I already have it installed and I am using it.   Annoying pop-up in the secrurity center.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
richard378
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Re: McAfee LiveSafe does not detect TrueKey is already installed and active

Jump to solution
That works only when I switch default browsers. With Microsoft Edge browser that link opens Microsoft Store and the message does not go away. I switched default browsers to Google Chrome and it worked on my Windows 10 machine. Same for Windows 7 I switched default browser to Mozilla Firefox and the message went away when clicking on the link "get started".

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Can you please attach a screenshot of this popup, and I will see what can be done for it. Did you install True key from your McAfee account page?

Thanks,

Marc D.

richard378
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

McAfee Truekey.JPGThis is the notification I get every time I open McAfee despite having True Key installed and signed in.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

One of the main reasons of this is that you downloaded the True Key app outside your McAfee account by going directly to www.truekey.com 

In any case, you can sign in to True Key, and then click "get started" from the LiveSafe True Key link, this should connect to your True Key account and open your TK launchpad.

One this is done the get started link box should be gone and everytime you click on the "manage passwords" Live safe box link, it should directly go to your True kerya ccount.

Thanks,

Marc D.

richard378
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution
That works only when I switch default browsers. With Microsoft Edge browser that link opens Microsoft Store and the message does not go away. I switched default browsers to Google Chrome and it worked on my Windows 10 machine. Same for Windows 7 I switched default browser to Mozilla Firefox and the message went away when clicking on the link "get started".
Tags (1)
richard378
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I was wrong.  It does not work.  I clicked solution by mistake.  The TrueKey app opens but the notification does not stop.  I even reinstalled my computer and installed it clicking the get started link which did not make the notification go away.  The notification is stuck in the on status each time I re-open McAfee.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

And this is accross all browsers (Chrome and Firefox) where you can see that "get started" is always there on the True Key box within McAfee LiveSafe?

Thanks,
Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

Since yesterday I did a lot of testing to isolate this issue, but I think we do not have a technical issue per say but rather it is by design.

The behaviour I am seeing and please confirm if it is not your case, you sign in to your True Key app on your system, go to Live Safe privacy tab and click on the True Key "get started" link box, this should normally open your TK launchpad.

After it does that, if you go back to your LiveSafe, you should not see the "get started" anymore, you should see a message in the middle saying that "Your PC's protected" and on the bottom the True Key tile will read "manage passwords".

If you close Livesafe and reopen it again, then the same will start with the Get Started link box, but as soon as you click on it, it should go away. If this is what you are seeing, it is the way liveSafe is linking with true Key, not necesaraily not understanding that you have True Key already but rather a way to directly open up your True Key launchpad directly from the "get started" link or the "manage passwords".

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community