cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

#McAfee LiveSafe Mobile #True Key app question Greetings,

Greetings, Next reply I'll tell you all his name & thank him for telling me to post this question right here!

I hope this is the proper place to ask or post my question. I've been sick lately & after 2 hours this was all I could figure out on where to post. And since up top it reads: Application and Change Control, I hope I can ask about an app here. So on the Smartphones McAfee app the True Key part I've been having a lot of problems with True Key in SETTINGS-Security-Lock Preferences-"Auto Sign Out" says 7 Days with a Blue Arrow, when tapped, states: When do you want to be signed out? Immediately, then 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 1 hour, 2 hours, and lastly 7 Days. I chose "7 Days". However, I NEVER stay "signed in" for "7 Days". I'm lucky if I stay signed in to True Key on my Android phone for just 1 Day! Usually, much less time than one day do I stay signed in to True Key on the phone app. When I email McAfee Support or even call the Mobile Dept. Support telephone number, for about 5 months now I can't get an answer to the question of "if I pick "stay signed in for 7 Days" It NEVER works properly. Does anybody know why I can't stay signed in for the "7 Days" in the True Key app?

Respectfully,

Barry

5 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: #McAfee LiveSafe Mobile #True Key app question Greetings,

Good morning Barry,

You certainly are at the right place to post this question. This is a known issue and it is already in our backlog to get fixed.

Can you let me know if you have True Key running in any other devices/systems besides on your Android device and if yes, have you noticed the same issue on them?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Yes, 

My HP Laptop and Google browser and MS Edge are both problematic with signing out of True Key by themselves or vise-versa.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi there,

So if I understand correctly the sign out time of 7 days is not being respected on both Chrome and Edge.

Regarding Edge, in the browser settings, make sure that you don't have the "empty cache on exit" option enabled (this is usually enabled by default) and this would make you login back again even though you have set the 7 days limit as this is an Edge browser setting.

Regarding the Chrome browser, it is a known issue and one that i am trying to get clarity as of the timeline needed to fix this.

Let me know if the Edge sign out time gets fixed with what I told you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

dadybear1234
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Correct. I've never seen "Stay Logged in for 7 Days in the LiveSafe settings on the Laptop. It may be there but I've never looked at it. It's much more a pain in the ass with the smartphone, you know?

Barry

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi Barry,

I think I understand the issue you are experiencing posting and getting appropriate replies to your post in our community forum, basically there are 2 different threads from you on what seems to be the same problem. You can just use the following link and merge our conversation going forward https://community.mcafee.com/t5/True-Key/Reply-to-Employee-McAfee-True-Key-7-Days-Logged-in/m-p/6370... so I can make sure your post gets replied to.

My understanding from all your posts (please confirm if my assumption is correct), is that you have True Key running on your Android phone but also on Chrome and Edge extensions in your Win 10 system.

Edge as I said, it would be worth just to check the browser settings to make sure that you have not enabled "empty cache on exiting the browser" as this would make you login regardless of the sign out time you have selected (because this setting option will wipe all the credential cookies in place).

Please confirm if the issue of the sign out time of e.g.7 days not being respected in Android and Chrome is really what you are experiencing.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community