cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
memartha
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Logout is set for 7 days. Using desktop True Key and it logs me out multiple times/day.

Jump to solution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Re: Logout is set for 7 days. Using desktop True Key and it logs me out multiple times/day.

Jump to solution

Hi again,

This issue is obviously unrelated to the auto-lock timer not being respected. Can you provide more details about this issue, is the auto-login failing constantly or is it specific to a few websites?

If it is specific to a few websites (working for the majority of your stored logins), you can right click on the True Key blue icon on the right side of your browser and navigating to the second McAfee menu you can go to its drop down menu and submit to us the specific website that did not log you in successfully.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Logout is set for 7 days. Using desktop True Key and it logs me out multiple times/day.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Quick question, are you shutting down your desktop computer after logging out from True Key or is the system always running on standby mode?

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

memartha
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

I am not logging out at all.   It is while I am actually using the computer.   When I attempt to log into a website it will say, log into True key.   And that is after I have already logged in earlier in the day and have not shut off my computer

memartha
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

And the auto login is not working either   

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please provide me the following information:

I would need to know your system's operating system version, also the version of the True Key app you are using.

Finally, please confirm if you are using True Key on the desktop or with the extension, if the launchpad that contains the logins open on a browser tab it will be extension first mode but if it opens on the desktop then it would be the desktop standalone mode.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi again,

This issue is obviously unrelated to the auto-lock timer not being respected. Can you provide more details about this issue, is the auto-login failing constantly or is it specific to a few websites?

If it is specific to a few websites (working for the majority of your stored logins), you can right click on the True Key blue icon on the right side of your browser and navigating to the second McAfee menu you can go to its drop down menu and submit to us the specific website that did not log you in successfully.

Thanks,

Marc D.

memartha
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I have just deleted the app.  This has been going on for months/nobody can seem to fix it.  I have called, I have chatted and nothing is resolved.   I feel like I am wasting my subscriptions and will probably be canceling and finding other anti-virus software.  Thanks for your replies.  

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

We have been dealing with this issue for months so I can certainly understand how you feel. 

Having said that, this issue has been there and we were never able to totally reproduce it. If you feel like providing the info I asked on my previous post, it will help us better understand where is happening.

The issue you seeing where the auto-lock is at best a random issue even that you see it all the time, another user might not experience it and that adds to the complexity of finding the cause to be able to fix it thereafter.

Best regards,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community