cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
actual6
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Login title field will not take entry.

When creating a login entry occasionally the login title field will not accept input, or it will reject input and insert the logo of the domain, but sometimes omitting to display the logo.

Inasmuch as the login title is apparently for the user's convenience the above behavior seems completely inappropriate and should be fixed.

7 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Login title field will not take entry.

Good morning,

Can you provide some examples of the failed login logos, my guess is that this is happening for less popular sites but I rather confirm with you what instances of logins have failed logs being stored.

I will also check internally the process for logos creation and will also communicate this back to you when i get this information.

Thanks,

Marc D.

actual6
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Examples:

AARP                   https://login.aarp.org/

NY State              https://my.ny.gov

These are two examples where the login title does not appear on the tile in grid format. On checking the entries in list format the title is there preceded by a logo.

AAA       Aetna       Adobe        These are examples where the logo appears  on the tile in grid form and precedes the title in list form.

Hope these help.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of this to better illustrate it, I might need to look into this with the development team s having screenshots will surely go a long way to better understand this issue.

Thanks,

Marc D.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 8

I did some more testing and I noticed that for instance the AARP logo does not display and has not even the domain title in display when sorted by name order but when it is by grid I can see the red logo of this domain. Is this what you are referring to?

So you have come across to only these 2 domains that display this weird behavior, correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

actual6
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

8/7/2020

The two images below demonstrate question that I submitted. The left shows the effects in tile mode while the right shows the effects in list mode.

In answer to your second query the two examples are not the only instances of this behavior that I have come across, however they do represent accurately what I am discussing.

Annotation 2020-08-07 110815.pngCapture.PNG

JohnDreyer
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Same issue.  

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Good morning,

This issue with type of grid view icon it is definitely an issue, I reported it myself when it was first reported to me. It is in our backlog to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community