cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crosshead
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Log-in not accepted on a site

Good day, I'm having problems with auto login on one site using Chrome, I have cleared all cookies and data to no avail. I can log into this site using my e-mail address and the same password using Microsoft Edge browser. Is there something in Chrome that I should be adjusting?

7 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Log-in not accepted on a site

I would suggest you to reset chrome but before doing that backup all the data from chrome. Check if chrome has saved that login since chrome has that feature just like every other browser.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Good morning,

This has  probably nothing to do with your Chrome browser itself but rather with the website's interaction with Chrome and our extension.

Which website are you experiencing this issue?

In the Chrome credential fields do you see the True Key icon at the end of the fields?

Also, our auto login feature can be broken down in 2 different steps, one is the auto fill (where credentials get auto filled in the appropriate fields during login) is this happening for this website?

The second step is the auto submit (where login gets entered in the background to log you in the page), I am guessing here is totally not doing it but it is for the Edge browser correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

Crosshead
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your reply Dustin, I have reset Chrome and it has not saved any passwords.

Crosshead
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your reply marcd, I am trying to enter Hydro one website using Chrome. True key calls up the login page, auto fills both email and password sections correctly, then pauses, I have to manually select login, then that screen recycles back to the same login page and true key renters the same info, and I select the login button, and this repeats over and over. When I use Microsoft Edge, I have to type in hydroone.com/login, the same login page appears but true key does not auto fill anything in. I manually enter my email address and password, hit the login key and it takes me right into my accounts. I have reset chrome, it has no passwords saved. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Good evening,

This is a very typical situation, as you know companies regularly maintain their websites and depending on the changes that were done, will break our instant login feature on these pages, namely the content script.

Sometimes, we can fix our instant login feature for these pages relatively quickly while other times it requires more work.

This is all to say that the issue is not on your side to fix by reseating the browser, as you see it touches both Chrome and Edge differently but still there is an issue either with the auto fill or auto submit.

Good news is that we have identified the 2 major sources of how our instant login feature gets bogged down when these changes occur on the webpages and we are going to be releasing a fix for this in October.

On my end, although I am confident that probably a lot of these issues will be fix then, I will nonetheless check further for the hydroone.com/login site and find out the issue behind this page. As soon as I get more details I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Marc D.

Crosshead
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks allot Marc, I'll look forward to future correspondence!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Good morning,

As promised last week, I told you we were going to check further specifically the instant login for https://www.hydroone.com/login as per our tests in both Chrome and Edge browsers our instant login feature worked as expected, for both auto filling and auto submitting, would you be able to check again and let me know exactly if it is auto filling or auto submitting not working and for which browser. 

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community