cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
123Kai
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

Is there a problem with the TrueKey servers? Hacker attack?

Since yesterday I can no longer activate Truekey, neither via Edge nor via Chrome. The offline mode is not offered to me! Instead, I only get the message "An error has occurred". When I remove the browser extension - which I did in Edge for testing - and add it again, I get the error message "Error - download interrupted".
This worries me a lot. Did McAfee have a hacker attack? Please reply in short notice, thank you!

8 Replies
johnyM
Contributor II
Message 2 of 9

Re: Is there a problem with the TrueKey servers? Hacker attack?

Since this morning I'm no longer able to login to my account using either the Chrome extention or the Android app. The only response I get is "An error had occurred".

nooneimportant
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

No matter what device I’m on, the I only way I can “use” true key is when I’m offline. When trying to connect, the message I get says something along the lines of “having trouble connecting to the servers”. I’m kind of paraphrasing that, but that’s the problem I’m facing currently and my internet is working just fine. 

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 9

Hello all,

We are sorry for the inconvenience cause. McAfee is aware of this issue and the Engineering Team is working on it to find a solution soon. Kindly try logging in after few hours. If you still witness the same, please update.

Regards,
Madhan M 

BjarnePedersen
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I have the same issue, and it's really frustrating. Hope you soon will solve the problems. 

nirajshah
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

Still not working this morning. It's been several hours and no further updates. What is going on?

johnyM
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

Yep still no luck.
Are my passwords compromised? Should I change my accounts?

Please update us on the nature of the problem.

Bethania
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Is it down because John McAfee is no longer with us? Has True Key gone with him?

A bit of explanation for all of us consumers might be nice.

GilesGate
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Also unable to login TrueKey via iPhone app or Chrome today, getting message "cannot reach TrueKey servers" and have received no comms from the company. Same comments/request as others - given the nature of the product we really need more information ASAP.

1. What is the issue? Which users are affected? 
  2. What is the estimated time to deploy a fix? 
  3. Has any information been compromised? 
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community