Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shell54
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

Importing from Norton Vault

Jump to solution

I'm trying to import from Norton Vault to TrueKey.  Norton Vault/Password Manager is not listed as a password manager application to import from.  Does this mean I can't and have to manually enter all the information?  Also, when I have McAfee Total Protection, why am I limited to 15 logins in TrueKey????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shell54
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

Re: Importing from Norton Vault

Jump to solution

After more than two weeks, I finally have this issue resolved - not through the Community, but through McAfee Support.  Finally, someone actually read my email and responded with an appropriate answer to the problem.  Too late to import from Norton Vault as I had already entered everything manually (ugh!), but at least I have my answers.  

Thank you McAfee Support!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @Shell54 ,

We regret for the inconvenience, Kindly review the below article to activate the True key subscription to Premium so that we can import the passwords from other Password Vault's as well. As an alternate option you can also reach our Customer Service  as well.

Regards

Nagesh G

Shell54
Contributor II
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply to my question Nagesh_G.  However, when I follow the instructions in the article, logging in to my account, there isn't a "renew my products" button to click.  When I look at "My Subscriptions"  it only lists Total Protection - 3 devices.  True Key isn't listed anywhere that I've looked in my account.  I'm frustrated.

Shell54
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

After more than two weeks, I finally have this issue resolved - not through the Community, but through McAfee Support.  Finally, someone actually read my email and responded with an appropriate answer to the problem.  Too late to import from Norton Vault as I had already entered everything manually (ugh!), but at least I have my answers.  

Thank you McAfee Support!!

Crossfire151
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

How exactly do you import then?
Would be great if you provided the solution to help other members.

Thank you

Shell54
Contributor II
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

The solution I received from McAfee Support was regarding the number of logins I am allowed.  Unfortunately, I had already manually entered my password information from Norton Vault, so I hadn't checked to see if I could import from Norton.  Checking today, Norton is still not an option in the list of password managers to import from, even though I now have True Key Premium.  

Shell54
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Further, I was wrong in saying that my issue importing from Norton Vault resolved.  

Shell54
Contributor II
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Found this on Bing.  Can't test to see if it works or not as I no longer have Norton Vault....

To import passwords from Norton to McAfee, you can use the Import feature in Norton Password Manager. Here are the steps:

1. Open Norton Password Manager extension on your browser.
  2. Click on the hamburger icon (three horizontal bars) on the top-right corner of the extension.
  3. Click on Import data to my vault.
  4. Select the file that contains your Norton Password Manager data and click Download.
  5. Extract the downloaded file and run the import_password.exe file.
Crossfire151
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.

I'll give this a try and report my findings after I have tested this out, never seen this as an option before so I'm willing to give it a shot!

I'll do a tutorial as well and drop a link if it works so others can see how it's done.

I'm really fed up with norton and want to use truekey as my preferred password manager.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community