cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

Import from LastPass did not migrate "prompt for password".

For my more security critical sites, like banks and such where a breach would be expensive to me in more than just time/annoyance, I had told LastPass to re-prompt for master password when I try to access any of those resources.  Upon importing all of my logins to TrueKey, it appears that those details were not migrated so TrueKey is very happy to auto-login to my bank any user who uses my computer.

How can I get TrueKey import to correctly migrate the reprompt?

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Import from LastPass did not migrate "prompt for password".

@Former Member @GaneshR @Former Memberd

Comment please if 1 of you can

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hello @micah-zoltu 

We can enable that settings in truekey by following steps. 

Open Trukey> search for the website> choose second option (Edit login) > Advanced > Enable Security for this login

micah-zoltu
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

Sorry if I was not clear in my original message, the problem isn't being able to set this option, the problem is that when I imported hundreds of logins none of them had this information migrated even though it is fairly critical to security.  The only solution I could find is for me to go through all of my logins one by one and re-apply the setting as appropriate.  This is hours of labor in my case, thus a pretty poor migration experience.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi Micah,

My name is Marc D. and I am the True Key support lead and let me explain what is going on here, our import mechanism from LastPass and Dashlane works unless they change something on their end which would render the True Key import useless.

I suspect this is what has happenned here, LastPass modified something that is making the CSV file format being imported to fail. I did some testing and I get the same results where none of my assets were succesfuly imported. I am going to look into this and see if we can isolate where the changes have been done on the imported CSV file so it can be fixed.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community