cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stu84
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

IPhone 11 iOS 13.3 - True Key is Offline even when device has internet access.

Jump to solution

1. Backed up Iphone contents to ICloud.
2. Restored to new device (IPhone 11, IOS 13.3) which also restored TrueKey Application.
3. TrueKey is offline and will not accept Master Password.
"To use Offline mode, sign  in once while connected to the internet to sync your data"

4. Cellular and Wifi are both enabled and connected with no issues, internet is available!
Settings > True Key > Background refresh, Mobile Data are enabled.

5. Still unable to login to True Key as it remains "Offline"
6. Do a hard reset / restart device and repeat steps 1 - 5, with no change.
7. Remove application completely, restart device. 
8. Re-Download and install True Key application from the Apple App Store
9. Retry Steps 1 - 5 and still get the offline notification.

This is highly frustrating and I use true key for a lot of my passwords, this has basically bricked my access to many accounts. Is there a web portal I can use to login to my account to retrieve my other passwords?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stu84
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Re: IPhone 11 iOS 13.3 - True Key is Offline even when device has internet access.

Jump to solution

This has been resolved. When I retired my prior iPhone to the new device, seems it was. Not with the VPN that my data manager was using, I uninstalled the my data manager application, removed the VPN and restarted the phone. Problem gone! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPhone 11 iOS 13.3 - True Key is Offline even when device has internet access.

Jump to solution

Hi @stu84 ,

May I know the version of Truekey app installed in your iPhone? Please connect your device only to the cellular network, try login and share result with us. Meanwhile i will check with our Engineering team and update.

You can install Truekey extension/Application in PC and access all your credentials as there's no portal to access credentials.

stu84
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi, tried with just cellular and just with WiFi as well as with both on. Still remains offline. version 5.1.0

stu84
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

This has been resolved. When I retired my prior iPhone to the new device, seems it was. Not with the VPN that my data manager was using, I uninstalled the my data manager application, removed the VPN and restarted the phone. Problem gone! 

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Let me check on this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marc D.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

The issue should now be resolved.

Let me know if you still seeing a problem connecting to your True Key account.

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community