cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trelawneydawn
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

I never saw anything about Password Box info deletion!!!!

This is just another capitalist ploy!!!  I have been using Password Box since in inception and I have loved it!  Every single password I have ever used was stored there.  I have never received anything that said that once True Key took over that I would lose ALL of my passwords stored in Password Box!!!

This was a complete low blow and now I have to change the passwords on every account I have and write them down in a book like did 10 years ago because somebody needed to make a quick buck off of the public.  This is a very LOW BLOW and I am furious that all of my passwords are gone!!!!!

McAfee has lost a customer!!!

4 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: I never saw anything about Password Box info deletion!!!!

Hi there,

You have not lost your passwords, in fact once you have loaded True Key on your system you will be able to use the same credentials you use to log in to Password Box and thus access all the passwords you had.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Marc D.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Marc

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
svetlana
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I have same issue- company did not inform about coming change even though they say they did.

Now no passwords available, True key doesn't recognise master password for Password box. Email verification via True key doesn't work.

almost 4 hours in total spent on waiting help from customer support and no result.

Few times they were connecting me to wrong departments, finally they said that passwords are lost completely as I didn't install True key before 27th of September and they say they informed everybody when they didn't do that in fact at least for everybody.

The call from the Supervisor was promised to be done. In fact 2 hour again waiting and no calls.

I have to say the worst customer service I ever had in IT field.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Note: Removed out of Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community