cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

I cannot log into to truekey all of a sudden, why are all these silly McAfee problems occuring!?!?!?

Jump to solution

So a McAfee technician had to uninstall and re-install my McAfee Internet Security (including truekey), because Google Chrome kept crashing due to an Analytics SDK issue. (that problem seems to be ok for now, no crashing so I will see if its all fixed) He did not re-install TrueKey and rudely left, saying I had to do it myself. So I download TrueKey without an issue, and when I try to log in using the exact same log-in information as yesterday (which worked), I get a a "something went wrong" message. Now I spoke to a live-chat technician, and they said its to do with the download not working correctly, or the account not syncing properly. So he re-installs it, and I try to log-in...same issue. He then says some rubbish about having to delete my account (which will take 7 business days), and having to create a completely new account, thus LOSING ALL MY PASSWORDS!!!

Last time I had this issue of not being able to log-in, it ended up being an issue with McAfee's TrueKey, and I had to wait a day for the servers to work again. So please, I want an answer, and I want to top being taken for a fool, these problems with McAfee since signing up with them have pissed me off big time!

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 12

Re: I cannot log into to truekey all of a sudden, why are all these silly McAfee problems occuring!?!?!?

Jump to solution

As i said yesterday, your PC got un-trusted probably due to the fact that was numerous time reinstalled, your PC needed to get trusted again to give you access to your True Key account and probably either you missed the message send to get the authentication or needed to be sent again so you could trust it again. Also I checked on your email address that is related with your account and it seems like you have had a lot of networking connection issues, obviously messages to get trusted wont be sent out or you wont be able to sign in if you are experiencing any connection problems.

Having said all this, I am super glad it is up and running again for you.

Take care,

Marc D

View solution in original post

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: I cannot log into to truekey all of a sudden, why are all these silly McAfee problems occuring!?!?!?

Jump to solution

I will attempt to contact a (Expert) from the Truekey Team on your behalf.

​  Could you kindly assist this user please?

In addition could you kindly provide the (Service Request Number(s) of your Sessions with Technical Support?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Note:  It may be Monday or the first of the week when we hear back from ​. Due to it being the weekend. Generally he is quite expedient in responding to a issue.

Note: I have also brought up your concerns as a 'Topic of Discussion' on tomorrow's Conference Call. Please provide those Service Request Numbers, ​as requested.

I hope you consider this as (Helpful)

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Wow don't know really from where to start on this one, seems you had suffered from a combination of problems.

First of all, I am very sorry all the issues you have gone through until now with True Key but I can attempt to help you. 

You mentioned you had a a analytics SDK issue, can you please give more info on what this issue was, sis you have an error message and if yes what was it.

Also I need to know how was True Key Uninstaller, did they do a complete uninstall from the control panel?

Let me know also the version of True Key you are running as well as the Windows or Osx version you have.

Now regarding the error you are getting "something went wrong" it has nothing to do with wrong credentials, if you were using the wrong ones you will be getting a very different message. Please go to www.truekey.com and download and install on top of your current installation  (don't uninstall the version of True Key that is running).

Let me know how this goes and if you still get the same message please provide me with the info I asked.

PS: our servers have never been down for a day preventing you to sign in. Please be sure that you have a good Internet/ network connection.

Thanks,

Marc D

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

As usual Thank you Marc for your timely response. Please refer to thIs most lengthy discussion, that DougK has already addressed;

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

-As I mentioned in my first post, the SDK issue has been sorted. They disabled it and have told me to use Chrome to see if the error persists, which it has not. They will ring me tomorrow to make sure nonetheless.  The thread explaining how it was fixed can be found here:

-They uninstalled McAfee Internet Security from the control panel, thus also uninstalling TrueKey (as its connected I think?). Basically, all I know is they TrueKey was uninstalled by your collegues via live chat, and they controlled my PC.

-When I downloaded TrueKey from the website, the version I have now is 4.12.108.1. I also have Windows 10.

-As I could not log in, I spoke to your collegue via live chat this morning (I think or afternoon), and he manually installed TrueKey agaim, via truekey.com, and its still not working. Thats why he said something about deleting and making new account.

So I just installed TrueKey again, ontop of the current one like you said and it could not log me in. I try and click reset password, but get

"For your security, you must be on a Trusted Device linked with your profile to reset your Master Password.

Try from a Trusted Device, or contact support for more info."

What is this? I am trying it on my own pc. But it cannot be the password thats wrong right? I know the password is right, so I do not need to reset it?

Even on your Twitter, from 2 days ago it says "At 01:00amEST a network issue preventing users from signing in to their profile occurred. We're investigating to restore full service asap". And youre saying its not your system and I am to blame? A guy even says that he cannot sign in (4th February)!!

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

So when you clicked on reset password, that initiated the process to change your master password and 2 conditions to do this is that you have a double security factors and that is done on a trusted device. Since it was your PC where you first setup your TK account, my guess is that it was trusted but it seems that now it has lost that status.

I need to follow you and I will ask you to do the same as I need to ask you to send me your email address so I can check more on this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marc D

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

-When I clicked reset password, why did it initiate to reset my master password? Why is my PC not trusted anymore?

-Your colleague opened McAfee Internet Security, checked the version (as the version was the issue), went to Firewall and clicked "restore defaults".

-Also, there is no TrueKey in the "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Firewall". I tried adding it, found it through downloads, but I still could not log in.

-What email do you want? The one connected to my TrueKey or my personal one to email me with an update?

P.S I was able to log into TrueKey app on my phone using the exact same log in detailn. So I open up TrueKey on my PC, and it says to enter a master password.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

As i said yesterday, your PC got un-trusted probably due to the fact that was numerous time reinstalled, your PC needed to get trusted again to give you access to your True Key account and probably either you missed the message send to get the authentication or needed to be sent again so you could trust it again. Also I checked on your email address that is related with your account and it seems like you have had a lot of networking connection issues, obviously messages to get trusted wont be sent out or you wont be able to sign in if you are experiencing any connection problems.

Having said all this, I am super glad it is up and running again for you.

Take care,

Marc D

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Ok great thanks, very quickly, how do I export or backup my passwords as you mentioned? You can close this thread also if you need

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community